ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

polling card payments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

polling card payments

Post by eastie »

on lapsed walks who gets the polling card payment .
The person throwing off the lapsing or the person delivering the lapsing?
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

polling card payments

Post by doorstepped »

delivery.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

polling card payments

Post by worktotime »

delivery.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

polling card payments

Post by Postie45 »

could be an issue IF someone is prepping in as their lapsing and their could be entitled to their share, it depends on how the office has organised it.
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

polling card payments

Post by ArthurPewty »

What does it come up as on payslip? I don't think I've had mine
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

polling card payments

Post by Sir Henry »

Was delivering on a walk where a woman was busy delivering polling cards, she left over half of them hanging out of the letterboxes.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

polling card payments

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ArthurPewty wrote:What does it come up as on payslip? I don't think I've had mine

"Election Payment"
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
LittleEmm
Posts: 34
Joined: 23 Jan 2019, 16:40
Gender: Female

polling card payments

Post by LittleEmm »

Not long stated with RM and came in to a frame full of polling cards and council tax letters. Been told we will not get OT if we run over whilst delivering these as will be getting the poll card payment and we have three days to complete the task. Did most of them today and a few left for tomorrow but my van buddy has to cut off tomorrow due to family commitments so has asked me to complete the round. I don’t mind but am just wondering if I run over will I still not be paid OT? Also if manage to get them all out tomorrow assume will fall back into normal rules Friday?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

polling card payments

Post by Postie45 »

bit late now i guess, but you would get OT for covering someone elses round. However then attention could be drawn onto your partner about not completing his duty and why they took out the extra if they knew theyd be finishing on time.