ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crouchy14
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Nov 2014, 14:53
Gender: Male

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by crouchy14 »

I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by rambo1 »

crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
I'm afraid so. We don't operate on 'days' off now. It's all in hrs and minutes. If you're office is long and shorts for example, a Monday BH in lieu, will not 'buy' you a Wednesday or Thursday off, just as an example. Sorry.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

rambo1 wrote:
crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
I'm afraid so. We don't operate on 'days' off now. It's all in hrs and minutes. If you're office is long and shorts for example, a Monday BH in lieu, will not 'buy' you a Wednesday or Thursday off, just as an example. Sorry.
A bh will buy you any day in our office
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
so it should reset in April anyway. But something doesn't seem right
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by yellowbelly »

This was brought into our area for the first time this new leave year (even though it seems to have been around a while) and
manager said although the leave is booked on PSP in hours/mins it won't affect how many days you get off......we'll see
when people start trying to book anything extra/carried over.....
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

Before you were entitled to 28 hour for a week off . Now you are entitled to 32 hours for a week off simple
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by aiden01 »

arnold cheshire wrote:Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over
It's all done on psp now.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave

Post by arnold cheshire »

aiden01 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over
It's all done on psp now.
Ok well done