ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
-
crouchy14
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 10 Nov 2014, 14:53
- Gender: Male
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
I'm afraid so. We don't operate on 'days' off now. It's all in hrs and minutes. If you're office is long and shorts for example, a Monday BH in lieu, will not 'buy' you a Wednesday or Thursday off, just as an example. Sorry.crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
A bh will buy you any day in our officerambo1 wrote:I'm afraid so. We don't operate on 'days' off now. It's all in hrs and minutes. If you're office is long and shorts for example, a Monday BH in lieu, will not 'buy' you a Wednesday or Thursday off, just as an example. Sorry.crouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
so it should reset in April anyway. But something doesn't seem rightcrouchy14 wrote:I used to be on 28 hours and carried over 9 days holiday to this year. I transferred to another office now on 32 hours and they are saying because I work longer days than before I am only entitled to 8 days off. They are trying to justify it saying that a day off costs me extra hours / minutes now. This can't be right surely?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
This was brought into our area for the first time this new leave year (even though it seems to have been around a while) and
manager said although the leave is booked on PSP in hours/mins it won't affect how many days you get off......we'll see
when people start trying to book anything extra/carried over.....
manager said although the leave is booked on PSP in hours/mins it won't affect how many days you get off......we'll see
when people start trying to book anything extra/carried over.....
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
Before you were entitled to 28 hour for a week off . Now you are entitled to 32 hours for a week off simple
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
It's all done on psp now.arnold cheshire wrote:Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Feel like I'm being diddled out of annual leave
Ok well doneaiden01 wrote:It's all done on psp now.arnold cheshire wrote:Your hours need adjusting on the leave form you're being done over