ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holiday leave
-
Sputters2017
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
Just seen in a booklet from the cwu that rm now do the annual leave in hours . So I'm wondering . as it's far cheaper to fly on a week day is it possible to book a weeks holiday starting mid week .
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
Just book the week in single days. wed thurs fri sat then mon tues wed following week. that said its probably easier to do this in mcs than delivery.Sputters2017 wrote:Just seen in a booklet from the cwu that rm now do the annual leave in hours . So I'm wondering . as it's far cheaper to fly on a week day is it possible to book a weeks holiday starting mid week .
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
Don’t get to tied up with thw whole hours thing. Book your leave just like you have always done
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
Why not some days are shorter than others. saves precious minutes which can buid up.number one wrote:Don’t get to tied up with thw whole hours thing. Book your leave just like you have always done
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
When we changed over from booking AL in days to hours our union rep had a meeting with us and pointed out the cost savings on booking holidays etc you mentioned. He suggested we could change the system say for the summer period but we couldn't get a consensus on it so we stayed with the standard Monday to Sunday method. Would have been good for things like going to festivals etc which are usually held over the weekends and into the following week or Mondays. You can only do this if everyone is in agreement though.
Personally I think the new hours system is really petty and penny pinching but its how RM is now. On the one hand they give an employee nearly six million quid tax free but then go scrooge like with everyone else. At the moment I seem to routinely be going over duty time by ten to twenty minutes per day which is probably connected with the unions fail idea SWW concept. Then it was pointed out to me there was a sheet on the notice board with the remaining time from the AL allocation on it. I think it says I have one hour and some minute left to book. Doubt I will bother with that!!
Personally I think the new hours system is really petty and penny pinching but its how RM is now. On the one hand they give an employee nearly six million quid tax free but then go scrooge like with everyone else. At the moment I seem to routinely be going over duty time by ten to twenty minutes per day which is probably connected with the unions fail idea SWW concept. Then it was pointed out to me there was a sheet on the notice board with the remaining time from the AL allocation on it. I think it says I have one hour and some minute left to book. Doubt I will bother with that!!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
Exactly if i book 5saturdays off i gain an extra day97gaz wrote:Don't forget it works both ways. If you take more leave on the short days than the long you could end up with an extra day to take.Celgar wrote:When we changed over from booking AL in days to hours our union rep had a meeting with us and pointed out the cost savings on booking holidays etc you mentioned. He suggested we could change the system say for the summer period but we couldn't get a consensus on it so we stayed with the standard Monday to Sunday method. Would have been good for things like going to festivals etc which are usually held over the weekends and into the following week or Mondays. You can only do this if everyone is in agreement though.
Personally I think the new hours system is really petty and penny pinching but its how RM is now. On the one hand they give an employee nearly six million quid tax free but then go scrooge like with everyone else. At the moment I seem to routinely be going over duty time by ten to twenty minutes per day which is probably connected with the unions fail idea SWW concept. Then it was pointed out to me there was a sheet on the notice board with the remaining time from the AL allocation on it. I think it says I have one hour and some minute left to book. Doubt I will bother with that!!
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
It started being done in hours when PSP was introduced
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Holiday leave
I really don’t understand why people get so worried about things? You can book what you want of as long as there’s space. Book 1 day off, book 3 days off, book a week off. If you want Tues-Friday, Wednesday-Monday or whatever just book it