ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Duty and care of employees
-
dazzer6
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 17:18
- Gender: Male
Duty and care of employees
At the moment I am on a review 2 due to ongoing issues with my knee . I have had it x rayed and I have ligament damage. The duty I am on is 24 hrs 4 days. The trouble is I cannot use a trolley on it due to the area being classed high risk, [you would have to leave the trolley at the bottom of flats etc]. I want to come back tomorrow or otherwise I would trigger a review 3. But the manager is refusing to give me the use of a trolley and move me to another duty [ I don't want to shift anyone off their duty so I would go spare], yet the manager says it doesn't fit his office structure me being moved to reserve etc because I don't drive. I have over thirty years service in and I thought that royal mail was supposed to have your welfare at heart?
-
Superdude
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 18:27
- Gender: Male
Duty and care of employees
Ask if you can have a trike.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Duty and care of employees
Superdude wrote:Ask if you can have a trike.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Duty and care of employees
Dont carry more than the maximum weight in your pouch ( 5kg for flats I believe ) and resupply from the van/dropbox.
Inform your manager you would like scales in order to weigh your bags so you are not carrying more on the shoulder than you should be.
If carrying less and resupplying more means that it takes you longer to complete the duty and you need to leave stuff in to accommodate then im sure your manager will start taking your concerns seriously
Inform your manager you would like scales in order to weigh your bags so you are not carrying more on the shoulder than you should be.
If carrying less and resupplying more means that it takes you longer to complete the duty and you need to leave stuff in to accommodate then im sure your manager will start taking your concerns seriously
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
vigilante
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: dangerously close
Duty and care of employees
Looks like your 'caring', manager is steering you towards IHR...as they are all doing at present.
He is being deliberately awkward.
Ask to be considered for the equality act, if it affects your everyday life...that way they will have to make adjustments for you.
He is being deliberately awkward.
Ask to be considered for the equality act, if it affects your everyday life...that way they will have to make adjustments for you.
Always be one step ahead, play their game but be wiser. Revenge is sweet.