ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Handing notice in.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Handing notice in.

Post by thecompletepackage »

Do I do this by phoning HR or write a letter to my DOM? And as we're paid weekly I'm assuming it's a weeks notice? TIA
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Handing notice in.

Post by Ren Hoëk »

thecompletepackage wrote:Do I do this by phoning HR or write a letter to my DOM? And as we're paid weekly I'm assuming it's a weeks notice? TIA
A letter to your DOM if you do not have access to PSP. A letter is always better. This webpage will help.

https://myfuture.myroyalmail.com/my-rol ... oyal-mail/

Iv just checked a copy of my contract for you. Sent and dated to me in 2017. It states that if you are weekly paid it is 4 weeks notice. If you are monthly paid then its a months notice. Though it also states this could be waived. So perhaps have a chat with your DOM. Iv been with RM uninterrupted since 2008.

Your notice period starts the day after you resign. This means if you give a week’s notice on Monday your last day at work will be the next Monday.

If you are unsure about the process just give HR a ring. 0345 6060603.

Best of luck.
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Handing notice in.

Post by thecompletepackage »

Thank you.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Handing notice in.

Post by joewyan »

thecompletepackage wrote:Do I do this by phoning HR or write a letter to my DOM? And as we're paid weekly I'm assuming it's a weeks notice? TIA
Notice period has changed at some point in the last 8 years. I started 8 years ago and only need to give a week’s notice but starters in recent years have to give 4 weeks but I’m not sure exactly when it changed.