ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
-
crouchy14
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 10 Nov 2014, 14:53
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
Is there an agreement in place that reserves are supposed to have a rotational day off, resulting in a Saturday off every 6 weeks? In my head it was a national agreement at one stage in the past so am I entitled to this or am I just making this up?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
Yes, in some offices it is 1 in 4 and in others it is 1 in 6. Talk to your rep and your manager if you are not getting Saturdays off. If the manager hasn't resolved it, you will need to put a grievance in using the harassment helpline number on the payslip.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
You are not making this up. It is there.
The reality of it though, trying to to get that elusive Saturday, however, is another story
Good luck, brother, seek and get which is yours by right
The reality of it though, trying to to get that elusive Saturday, however, is another story
Good luck, brother, seek and get which is yours by right
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
depot I work at is one in 6 saturdays
One week Monday off
2nd week, Tuesday
3rd week Wednesday etc
When it comes to week Saturday off, we also have Monday off as thats the day off for that week, so 3 day weekend
One week Monday off
2nd week, Tuesday
3rd week Wednesday etc
When it comes to week Saturday off, we also have Monday off as thats the day off for that week, so 3 day weekend
-
Fulpostie
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 18 Jan 2016, 17:31
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
I think you'll find the national agreement is 1 in 3 but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
-
redshirt
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 13 Mar 2019, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
Our Office is 1 in 6 mostly apart from a few singleton duties.
Last edited by redshirt on 19 Mar 2019, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
Reserves are supposed to be able to have the same 1/6 saturdays off as everyone else but not necessarily every 6 weeks, just an average over the year.crouchy14 wrote:Is there an agreement in place that reserves are supposed to have a rotational day off, resulting in a Saturday off every 6 weeks? In my head it was a national agreement at one stage in the past so am I entitled to this or am I just making this up?
-
crouchy14
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 10 Nov 2014, 14:53
- Gender: Male
Rotational Day Off / Saturdays
I get about 1 in 9 at the moment but it's still not good enough if I am entitled to more, however I know there are people out there worse off than me. Where should I start with raising the issue? The office has been set in its ways for a long time and I'm surprised it has not been raised by any of the other reserves who have been there for a while.