ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crouchy14
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Nov 2014, 14:53
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by crouchy14 »

Is there an agreement in place that reserves are supposed to have a rotational day off, resulting in a Saturday off every 6 weeks? In my head it was a national agreement at one stage in the past so am I entitled to this or am I just making this up?
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by Interested-seeker »

Yes, in some offices it is 1 in 4 and in others it is 1 in 6. Talk to your rep and your manager if you are not getting Saturdays off. If the manager hasn't resolved it, you will need to put a grievance in using the harassment helpline number on the payslip.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by crimson king »

You are not making this up. It is there.

The reality of it though, trying to to get that elusive Saturday, however, is another story

Good luck, brother, seek and get which is yours by right :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
gimba
Posts: 192
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by gimba »

depot I work at is one in 6 saturdays
One week Monday off
2nd week, Tuesday
3rd week Wednesday etc

When it comes to week Saturday off, we also have Monday off as thats the day off for that week, so 3 day weekend :nana
Fulpostie
Posts: 29
Joined: 18 Jan 2016, 17:31
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by Fulpostie »

I think you'll find the national agreement is 1 in 3 but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
redshirt
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 Mar 2019, 17:13
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by redshirt »

Our Office is 1 in 6 mostly apart from a few singleton duties.
Last edited by redshirt on 19 Mar 2019, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by joewyan »

crouchy14 wrote:Is there an agreement in place that reserves are supposed to have a rotational day off, resulting in a Saturday off every 6 weeks? In my head it was a national agreement at one stage in the past so am I entitled to this or am I just making this up?
Reserves are supposed to be able to have the same 1/6 saturdays off as everyone else but not necessarily every 6 weeks, just an average over the year.
crouchy14
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Nov 2014, 14:53
Gender: Male

Rotational Day Off / Saturdays

Post by crouchy14 »

I get about 1 in 9 at the moment but it's still not good enough if I am entitled to more, however I know there are people out there worse off than me. Where should I start with raising the issue? The office has been set in its ways for a long time and I'm surprised it has not been raised by any of the other reserves who have been there for a while.