ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
no oversize proposals
-
endofdays1982
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
Is their currently trials in offices with no oversize?this 1 in 6 collapse is a good thing,it's about time they done away with oversize it's been to much stress for drivers while passengers get easy life and drivers argue with managers ,when is this likely come into place?xmases are to hard with 4 hours worth of oversize a day
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
I hope you wont be the 1 in 6 to lose your job , why is it stressful for drivers ? im the only driver in our p&l and we get s**t loads of pkts and parcels on our deliverys everyday but we load the lwts up and off we pop as its called working together , and I can count on 1 hand the amount I deliver out the back of the van everyday . have another look at your pkts , parcels the ones that are over shoe box size so by just removing them that wouldn't allow you to get another 200+ calls inc small pkts , parcels . on your walk , well it wouldn't on our delivery .endofdays1982 wrote:Is their currently trials in offices with no oversize?this 1 in 6 collapse is a good thing,it's about time they done away with oversize it's been to much stress for drivers while passengers get easy life and drivers argue with managers ,when is this likely come into place?xmases are to hard with 4 hours worth of oversize a day
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
If you do some basic number crunching removing 1 in 6 duties gives a P&L pair 40% of a delivery.
40% of a 4hr delivery is 1hr 36 minutes without even factoring in any possible extra traveling time....and that's based on a 4hr delivery, many offices have far longer than that.
I think on a bad day oversized packets might put 20 minutes on our delivery but most days since we're driving past most of them it's insignificant.
I think closer to 1 in 10 would be more realistic but you can guess what they'll push for.
40% of a 4hr delivery is 1hr 36 minutes without even factoring in any possible extra traveling time....and that's based on a 4hr delivery, many offices have far longer than that.
I think on a bad day oversized packets might put 20 minutes on our delivery but most days since we're driving past most of them it's insignificant.
I think closer to 1 in 10 would be more realistic but you can guess what they'll push for.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
Really sounds like you need to rethink how you work. Don’t tell me one of you delivers all the large parcels whilst the other delivers all the mailendofdays1982 wrote:Is their currently trials in offices with no oversize?this 1 in 6 collapse is a good thing,it's about time they done away with oversize it's been to much stress for drivers while passengers get easy life and drivers argue with managers ,when is this likely come into place?xmases are to hard with 4 hours worth of oversize a day
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
Me and my partner did pretty much this the other day. We were swamped and we were out a good 30/45 mins later than normal. He was happy to do the biggies as OT so we focused solely on our bags. We finished pretty much exactly on time. Given there will be a slight saving on sorting time for the packets or an extra person on IPS perhaps and what ever else they have planned to save indoor time. Then I would say they are on to something. If it was a normal day we would have finished a fair bit earlier doing what we did. I can assure you I am no runner either. Obviously they will trial it but I can see it being successful.
Please don't jump down my throat as I certainly don't want to indorse it or see any job losses but we definitely need to be honest with ourselves. I was skeptical about it being possible when we first heard about it but based on my experience the other day I think it is achievable.
We did after all accept to trial new delivery methods in the new pay agreement. The union should work with RM on this one to mitigate job losses instead of fighting it. We wouldn't win. They would take us to tribunal where we would lose as we agreed to this.
Please don't jump down my throat as I certainly don't want to indorse it or see any job losses but we definitely need to be honest with ourselves. I was skeptical about it being possible when we first heard about it but based on my experience the other day I think it is achievable.
We did after all accept to trial new delivery methods in the new pay agreement. The union should work with RM on this one to mitigate job losses instead of fighting it. We wouldn't win. They would take us to tribunal where we would lose as we agreed to this.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
I did oversize parcels as my duty over Christmas. In 4 hours I did approx 100-120 parcels. That’s a lot to have on your walk! Lolendofdays1982 wrote:xmases are to hard with 4 hours worth of oversize a day
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
we use to have parcel drivers that took the large parcels off you for delivery then they scrapped thatjoewyan wrote:I did oversize parcels as my duty over Christmas. In 4 hours I did approx 100-120 parcels. That’s a lot to have on your walk! Lolendofdays1982 wrote:xmases are to hard with 4 hours worth of oversize a day
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
Why do i get the feeling that for deliveries it'll be either this or RM have all DOs starting and finishing later and doing LAT stuff as part of normal duties
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
RM might do it anyway to save on shift allowance money. Also depending on what happens with Network 19 (no idea what's proposed for that) then you might end up with later start and finish times no matter whatgrchpo wrote:How will that help. Starting later & finishing later still means the same amount of hours to do more work even though I finish just on time now
-
endofdays1982
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
I forget in England yous do heehaw 4 hours 12 oversize max,up in Scotland we get 40 oversize a day 120 a day ato xmas doing 18 miles on a 6 hour delivery I totally forgot it's a pisser in England my apologies
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
40 oversize for the whole of Scotland? Should be pissendofdays1982 wrote:I forget in England yous do heehaw 4 hours 12 oversize max,up in Scotland we get 40 oversize a day 120 a day ato xmas doing 18 miles on a 6 hour delivery I totally forgot it's a pisser in England my apologies
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
Today I've got 3....up in Scotland.up in Scotland we get 40 oversize a day
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
no oversize proposals
Your office sounds like mine....which is definitely in England.endofdays1982 wrote:I forget in England yous do heehaw 4 hours 12 oversize max,up in Scotland we get 40 oversize a day 120 a day ato xmas doing 18 miles on a 6 hour delivery I totally forgot it's a pisser in England my apologies
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
An oversized parcel is not the same as a parcel that won't fit through a letterbox. 
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
no oversize proposals
This guy has a chip on his shoulder about non drivers it seems
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next