ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leaving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Westhamguy
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Jan 2019, 21:28
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Westhamguy »

Has anyone previously left royal mail for a few years and then got back into the job and if so how easy was it to achieve?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Dorset Plodder »

It's been asked before, try searching some of the older posts. Generally I believe it's not a problem, unless you were dismissed for something bad. One point to remember is that your seniority will start again from the date you rejoin, your previous service doesn't count. Good Luck, at least you'll know all the pit falls the second time around. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
endofdays1982
Posts: 84
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 16:56
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by endofdays1982 »

yeah I left before and came back in, but now why would you want to come back in the job is a joke and you get treated like dirt
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Dorset Plodder »

endofdays1982 wrote:yeah I left before and came back in, but now why would you want to come back in the job is a joke and you get treated like dirt
Perhaps he's in a job that's even worse than this one? Remember the other man's man is always greener, or so it seems. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Westhamguy
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Jan 2019, 21:28
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Westhamguy »

endofdays1982 wrote:yeah I left before and came back in, but now why would you want to come back in the job is a joke and you get treated like dirt
Love the job being outside nobody on your case, but can't afford to be a part timer until 3 years time, but by then I'l be a bit older and slower
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by HTPostman »

I've been back 6 months, had no problems getting the job back, in fact I think it have me an advantage. Sure there are issues with the job, I have a few gripes but there's few other jobs paying this kind of money for unskilled labour, to me it's stress free, you're not taking work home with you. Win win for me.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Leaving

Post by Navalron »

It's not UNSKILLED Labour it's SEMISKILLED. :cuppa