ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sf25
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by sf25 »

Hi

I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
scotboyblue
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 42
Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 21:08
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by scotboyblue »

I recommend Reebok sawcut trainers from M and M direct. Only £26.99 and waterproof plus very comfy. Problem is only have up to size 8 at moment bigger sizes out of stock.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by aiden01 »

sf25 wrote:Hi

I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
You can now claim back up to £34 personally find karrimoor trainers very comfortable.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by Sugar »

sf25 wrote:Hi

I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
Suffered same as you with PF and podiatrist said exactly same, RM shoes aren't fit for purpose with the amount of walking we do. I use The North Face Hedgehog shoes, very pricey but they gave me my sanity back after the PF and it's not come back. They have a "foot cradle" built into the shoes which was a God send for me. Far better than putting orthotics in.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by Trail »

Nike Revolution 3. Simple shoes, black with the swoosh on the side. I was the quickest kid in our office wearing those.

Magnum are awful, they made me walk like a complete and utter c*nt. Cat are absolutely atrocious (I still have two pairs from RM here which I haven't ever put on).

Don't touch Royal Mail footwear.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Trail wrote:Nike Revolution 3. Simple shoes, black with the swoosh on the side. I was the quickest kid in our office wearing those.

Magnum are awful, they made me walk like a complete and utter c*nt. Cat are absolutely atrocious (I still have two pairs from RM here which I haven't ever put on).

Don't touch Royal Mail footwear.
That's the pair I wear also. Comfy but when it rains ones feet get quite wet!
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by grandypants »

Solomens bit expensive at around £120 a pair but well worth it, waterproof and they last a good 12 months, why can't RM see sense and purchase a really good walking shoe that would last instead of the crap they do and spend a fortune
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

aiden01 wrote:
sf25 wrote:Hi

I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
You can now claim back up to £34 personally find karrimoor trainers very comfortable.
I suffer with PF too. I had casts taken of my feet by my Podiatrist and orthotics made to correct my bad posture caused by my flat arches. The orthotics have been a godsend! I wear them in standard black Karrimor trainers from Sports Direct and I claim every 6 months. Didn't realise it had gone up to £34.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
sf25 wrote:Hi

I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
You can now claim back up to £34 personally find karrimoor trainers very comfortable.
I suffer with PF too. I had casts taken of my feet by my Podiatrist and orthotics made to correct my bad posture caused by my flat arches. The orthotics have been a godsend! I wear them in standard black Karrimor trainers from Sports Direct and I claim every 6 months. Didn't realise it had gone up to £34.
Wear the same with orthotics . yes defo £34 now :thumbup
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by srilfc2013 »

How do we claim this £34
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by aiden01 »

srilfc2013 wrote:How do we claim this £34
Through your manager
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by Pathfinder »

Do you need a Drs note to be able to claim?

I’ve always bought my own and have never claimed!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by aiden01 »

Pathfinder wrote:Do you need a Drs note to be able to claim?

I’ve always bought my own and have never claimed!
Yes doctor or podiatrist.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

srilfc2013 wrote:How do we claim this £34
Last time I claimed it took them months to pay and I had to put a Grievance in.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
srilfc2013 wrote:How do we claim this £34
Last time I claimed it took them months to pay and I had to put a Grievance in.
always get paid within 2 weeks