ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
-
sf25
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Hi
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
-
scotboyblue
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 21:08
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
I recommend Reebok sawcut trainers from M and M direct. Only £26.99 and waterproof plus very comfy. Problem is only have up to size 8 at moment bigger sizes out of stock.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
You can now claim back up to £34 personally find karrimoor trainers very comfortable.sf25 wrote:Hi
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Suffered same as you with PF and podiatrist said exactly same, RM shoes aren't fit for purpose with the amount of walking we do. I use The North Face Hedgehog shoes, very pricey but they gave me my sanity back after the PF and it's not come back. They have a "foot cradle" built into the shoes which was a God send for me. Far better than putting orthotics in.sf25 wrote:Hi
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Nike Revolution 3. Simple shoes, black with the swoosh on the side. I was the quickest kid in our office wearing those.
Magnum are awful, they made me walk like a complete and utter c*nt. Cat are absolutely atrocious (I still have two pairs from RM here which I haven't ever put on).
Don't touch Royal Mail footwear.
Magnum are awful, they made me walk like a complete and utter c*nt. Cat are absolutely atrocious (I still have two pairs from RM here which I haven't ever put on).
Don't touch Royal Mail footwear.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
That's the pair I wear also. Comfy but when it rains ones feet get quite wet!Trail wrote:Nike Revolution 3. Simple shoes, black with the swoosh on the side. I was the quickest kid in our office wearing those.
Magnum are awful, they made me walk like a complete and utter c*nt. Cat are absolutely atrocious (I still have two pairs from RM here which I haven't ever put on).
Don't touch Royal Mail footwear.
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Solomens bit expensive at around £120 a pair but well worth it, waterproof and they last a good 12 months, why can't RM see sense and purchase a really good walking shoe that would last instead of the crap they do and spend a fortune
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
I suffer with PF too. I had casts taken of my feet by my Podiatrist and orthotics made to correct my bad posture caused by my flat arches. The orthotics have been a godsend! I wear them in standard black Karrimor trainers from Sports Direct and I claim every 6 months. Didn't realise it had gone up to £34.aiden01 wrote:You can now claim back up to £34 personally find karrimoor trainers very comfortable.sf25 wrote:Hi
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Wear the same with orthotics . yes defo £34 nowpeshwaarinaan wrote:I suffer with PF too. I had casts taken of my feet by my Podiatrist and orthotics made to correct my bad posture caused by my flat arches. The orthotics have been a godsend! I wear them in standard black Karrimor trainers from Sports Direct and I claim every 6 months. Didn't realise it had gone up to £34.aiden01 wrote:You can now claim back up to £34 personally find karrimoor trainers very comfortable.sf25 wrote:Hi
I suffer from plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of postmen/postwomen do. I have been given a line from the podiatrist (who checked my royal mail trainers) to say they werent suitable for the amount of walking we do.
Ive been told I can buy my own and claim back up to £30 so does anyone have any they recommend?
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
How do we claim this £34
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Through your managersrilfc2013 wrote:How do we claim this £34
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Do you need a Drs note to be able to claim?
I’ve always bought my own and have never claimed!
I’ve always bought my own and have never claimed!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Yes doctor or podiatrist.Pathfinder wrote:Do you need a Drs note to be able to claim?
I’ve always bought my own and have never claimed!
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
Last time I claimed it took them months to pay and I had to put a Grievance in.srilfc2013 wrote:How do we claim this £34
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Non- Royal Mail footwear recommendations?
always get paid within 2 weekspeshwaarinaan wrote:Last time I claimed it took them months to pay and I had to put a Grievance in.srilfc2013 wrote:How do we claim this £34