ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
stab vests
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
stab vests
With all the current knife threat going on, should dimensions be providing us with stab vests especially in larger cities?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
stab vests
A good point but unlikely to happen,and they would probably cheap and useless like so much of our gear,we should wear them at all times as management continue to stab us in the back!!
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
stab vests
haha calm down. You are very unlikely to be a victim of knife crime. It would also be another piece of uniform people wont wear. I know I certainly wouldn't like to be weighed down with one all day. FFS soldiers take out parts of their body armour and they are being shot at/blown up!
That being said, if you are stabbed and killed whilst out on your rounds don't forget to ring the office and tell them you will be cutting off.
That being said, if you are stabbed and killed whilst out on your rounds don't forget to ring the office and tell them you will be cutting off.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
stab vests
Are you serious?
More chance of being run over than stabbed
More chance of being run over than stabbed
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
stab vests
Ren Hoëk wrote:haha calm down. You are very unlikely to be a victim of knife crime. It would also be another piece of uniform people wont wear. I know I certainly wouldn't like to be weighed down with one all day. FFS soldiers take out parts of their body armour and they are being shot at/blown up!
That being said, if you are stabbed and killed whilst out on your rounds don't forget to ring the office and tell them you will be cutting off.
I can assure you that we didn't take plates out of our armour. No one's that stupid
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
stab vests
a) I've got enough weight to carry around the estate and b) get back to me when they start stabbing posties.
Fwiw, I have seen bailiffs recently, apparently part of the contract that they wear vests.
Fwiw, I have seen bailiffs recently, apparently part of the contract that they wear vests.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
stab vests
In 16 years I never heard of it happening either, in fact, some went looking for extra armour to cover their "vulnerable" areas when sitting down.panch1989 wrote:Ren Hoëk wrote:haha calm down. You are very unlikely to be a victim of knife crime. It would also be another piece of uniform people wont wear. I know I certainly wouldn't like to be weighed down with one all day. FFS soldiers take out parts of their body armour and they are being shot at/blown up!
That being said, if you are stabbed and killed whilst out on your rounds don't forget to ring the office and tell them you will be cutting off.
I can assure you that we didn't take plates out of our armour. No one's that stupid
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
stab vests
I can assure you people did! You and your buddies may not have but it definitely went on.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:In 16 years I never heard of it happening either, in fact, some went looking for extra armour to cover their "vulnerable" areas when sitting down.panch1989 wrote:Ren Hoëk wrote:haha calm down. You are very unlikely to be a victim of knife crime. It would also be another piece of uniform people wont wear. I know I certainly wouldn't like to be weighed down with one all day. FFS soldiers take out parts of their body armour and they are being shot at/blown up!
That being said, if you are stabbed and killed whilst out on your rounds don't forget to ring the office and tell them you will be cutting off.
I can assure you that we didn't take plates out of our armour. No one's that stupid![]()
The quickest of googles searches
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsto ... ar-it.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The plates on the front and back of the armour were unwieldy and heavy. Soldiers said that when they were caught in a firefight, they preferred to remove the plates and take their chances."
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
stab vests
I had already been out a number of years in 2006 so that may explain it, as well the issue seems to with the design of the "Osprey" kit and being in the prone position. Yes, there is mention of soldiers removing parts, but that was to make them more able to move their head (vision is quite important in a firefight). There was also mention in the same article that soldiers were buying extra and better armour as well, though to be fair squaddies buying "guchi" kit isn't exactly brand new, I did it in 80s.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ratchy63
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 13:51
- Gender: Male
stab vests
No stab vest we need body cam to recorded managers
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3347
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
stab vests
Surely not. We're invulnerable to accidents when wearing a hi-vis vest.number one wrote:Are you serious?
More chance of being run over than stabbed
The machine stops.
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
stab vests
Are you serious? Have you ever actually WORN one? Many moons ago I used to wear one occasionally in a voluntary role outside of work and I can tell you that not only are they heavy, uncomfortable and cumbersome, they are bloody hot as well! An idea? Yes, Reality? No.leolion855 wrote:With all the current knife threat going on, should dimensions be providing us with stab vests especially in larger cities?
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
stab vests
And carry guns?
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
stab vests
Bloke at an office I was at years ago refused to deliver to a certain street unless he got a stab vest. He got one
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
stab vests
Sweet. There's a certain street I deliver to I'd like a bazooka for. I'll have a word in the morning.citypostie wrote:Bloke at an office I was at years ago refused to deliver to a certain street unless he got a stab vest. He got one
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.