ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by maisymoo04 »

WHO WAS THE LATEST FINISHER TODAY THEN ??? mine was 255 :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by Sir Henry »

Finished just over me time the day. Yesterday? Different story entirely.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Westhamguy
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Jan 2019, 21:28
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by Westhamguy »

Did an extra walk and finished at 5
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by Stammerking »

18.00 Hybrid Duty :-)
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by redneck »

15.03 over by 40 minutes. They don't like it, I'm too slow apparently.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by rambo1 »

3pm normal on Saturday, obviously from emoji it's not for you. Equality of royal mail yet again.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by SpacePhoenix »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no

Why didn't you return to your "home office" for whatever your finish time was supposed to be? Did you use your own car to get there? If you did you might not have been covered by your car insurance
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no
Why didn't you return to your "home office" for whatever your finish time was supposed to be? Did you use your own car to get there? If you did you might not have been covered by your car insurance
Why would I need to return to my normal office, SpacePhoenix? Even the managers at my regular office would see no point in that. Better to just go straight home, right? :Very Happy

And no, I don't own my own car even though I have a license. Either I get a ride from another postie or an admin, or I take public transport (hence the travel costs are in fact for tickets).
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by Ren Hoëk »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no
Why didn't you return to your "home office" for whatever your finish time was supposed to be? Did you use your own car to get there? If you did you might not have been covered by your car insurance
Why would I need to return to my normal office, SpacePhoenix? Even the managers at my regular office would see no point in that. Better to just go straight home, right? :Very Happy

And no, I don't own my own car even though I have a license. Either I get a ride from another postie or an admin, or I take public transport (hence the travel costs are in fact for tickets).
The point they are trying to make is that your finish time is your finish time and that the time it takes to get back to your home DO includes this. For example, If your finish time is 14:00 and you are at a different office to your home DO then you dont finish at 14:00 there. You take the time to get back to your home DO and finish there for 14:00. Never use your own car (I know you stated you didn't) and always start and finish your day on your times and your home DO. The objective here is to make it as difficult as possible for your boss to send you out of the office. From experience they will take take take take and will be happy to throw it back in your face. You are doing yourself no favours.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Ren Hoëk wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no
Why didn't you return to your "home office" for whatever your finish time was supposed to be? Did you use your own car to get there? If you did you might not have been covered by your car insurance
Why would I need to return to my normal office, SpacePhoenix? Even the managers at my regular office would see no point in that. Better to just go straight home, right? :Very Happy

And no, I don't own my own car even though I have a license. Either I get a ride from another postie or an admin, or I take public transport (hence the travel costs are in fact for tickets).
The point they are trying to make is that your finish time is your finish time and that the time it takes to get back to your home DO includes this. For example, If your finish time is 14:00 and you are at a different office to your home DO then you dont finish at 14:00 there. You take the time to get back to your home DO and finish there for 14:00. Never use your own car (I know you stated you didn't) and always start and finish your day on your times and your home DO. The objective here is to make it as difficult as possible for your boss to send you out of the office. From experience they will take take take take and will be happy to throw it back in your face. You are doing yourself no favours.
Ren Hoëk,

Yes, this is all in theory, but the action of traveling back to the regular office, which could also be closed if it's after 4:30pm (especially on a Saturday) is silly.

It seems you and SpacePhoenix are raising a moot point.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by SpacePhoenix »

@Ren Hoëk, PostmanBitesDog must enjoy being loaned out to multiple DOs
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by Ren Hoëk »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no
Why didn't you return to your "home office" for whatever your finish time was supposed to be? Did you use your own car to get there? If you did you might not have been covered by your car insurance
Why would I need to return to my normal office, SpacePhoenix? Even the managers at my regular office would see no point in that. Better to just go straight home, right? :Very Happy

And no, I don't own my own car even though I have a license. Either I get a ride from another postie or an admin, or I take public transport (hence the travel costs are in fact for tickets).
The point they are trying to make is that your finish time is your finish time and that the time it takes to get back to your home DO includes this. For example, If your finish time is 14:00 and you are at a different office to your home DO then you dont finish at 14:00 there. You take the time to get back to your home DO and finish there for 14:00. Never use your own car (I know you stated you didn't) and always start and finish your day on your times and your home DO. The objective here is to make it as difficult as possible for your boss to send you out of the office. From experience they will take take take take and will be happy to throw it back in your face. You are doing yourself no favours.
Ren Hoëk,

Yes, this is all in theory, but the action of traveling back to the regular office, which could also be closed if it's after 4:30pm (especially on a Saturday) is silly.

It seems you and SpacePhoenix are raising a moot point.
Your office won't be shut if you return there for your finish time.
PostmanBitesDog must enjoy being loaned out to multiple DOs
It certainly seems that way. Some people just wont help themselves. If they are using public transport as suggested as well they could shave hours off their walking day as well! I know it would for me as that would be 2 slow busses each way to any DO in my city.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Ren Hoëk wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:
Ren Hoëk wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
PostmanBitesDog wrote:I finished delivering my last letter at 3:35pm today, but it would've been around 2:30pm if it wasn't for the messing about in the morning by the prison wardens (i.e. managers). I was asked to make my way to another delivery office miles away to help them out. Fine, I said. I've been there before, so no problems at all. My travel costs would be reimbursed and I'll expect to be back home at my usual time.

But when I get to the other office, the staff there asked me to go to yet another office instead - and that was further away! I thought, "WTF! Are the ruling class taking the pee!?!" Oh well. I managed to get to the second office and plowed through the day as super quick as I could. So I was back home just on 4:00pm.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to just go directly to the delivery office that actually needed me rather than hopscotching across the region to different offices in the morning? Oh, how I love the fact that Royal Mail is so well organized. Not! :no no
Why didn't you return to your "home office" for whatever your finish time was supposed to be? Did you use your own car to get there? If you did you might not have been covered by your car insurance
Why would I need to return to my normal office, SpacePhoenix? Even the managers at my regular office would see no point in that. Better to just go straight home, right? :Very Happy

And no, I don't own my own car even though I have a license. Either I get a ride from another postie or an admin, or I take public transport (hence the travel costs are in fact for tickets).
The point they are trying to make is that your finish time is your finish time and that the time it takes to get back to your home DO includes this. For example, If your finish time is 14:00 and you are at a different office to your home DO then you dont [sic] finish at 14:00 there. You take the time to get back to your home DO and finish there for 14:00. Never use your own car (I know you stated you didn't) and always start and finish your day on your times and your home DO. The objective here is to make it as difficult as possible for your boss to send you out of the office. From experience they will take take take take and will be happy to throw it back in your face. You are doing yourself no favours.
Ren Hoëk,

Yes, this is all in theory, but the action of traveling back to the regular office, which could also be closed if it's after 4:30pm (especially on a Saturday) is silly.

It seems you and SpacePhoenix are raising a moot point.
It certainly seems that way. Some people just wont help themselves. If they are using public transport as suggested as well they could shave hours off their walking day as well! I know it would for me as that would be 2 slow busses [sic] each way to any DO in my city.
Your office won't be shut if you return there for your finish time.
Again, why return to the regular office? You keep repeating the same nonsense, Ren, and you're starting to sound like a broken record. WHY RETURN TO THE F**KING REGULAR OFFICE!!?? HELLO??? Jeezus, are you trolling? I already mentioned this to SpacePhoenix that management don't require anybody who has been sent to another office to come back to their normal office once they're finished. Royal Mail don't require this. But neither you nor SpacePhoenix work for Royal Mail, so you both wouldn't know this procedure, do you? :arrrghhh
PostmanBitesDog must enjoy being loaned out to multiple DOs
Yes, I'm very popular. :Applause :roll:
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

LATEST FINISH TIME TODAY ??

Post by Ren Hoëk »

No hope :arrrghhh