ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Returning to the job

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GingerWhine
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Mar 2019, 12:43
Gender: Male

Returning to the job

Post by GingerWhine »

Hi. If I wanted to return to Royal Mail :shock: after a six month break, do I have to apply as before if a position comes up or is there an easier way to get back in? I was only there for three months before finding employment elsewhere which unfortunately hasn't worked out. Thanks.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Returning to the job

Post by doorstepped »

you have to re-apply like any member of the general public.

wait for a position to come up and apply, test, Interview and hope you are good at your job before you left as your DOM may not want you back.