ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overpayment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
brightontom
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Mar 2019, 09:01
Gender: Male

Overpayment

Post by brightontom »

Just got a payment from royal mail of just over a grand for this week. Only worked 30 hours so obviously that's more than expected. Just wondered what the procedure is here cos I don't want to get caught short here and sacked for taking money I didn't earn.

Any advice?
Fee-Fee40
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Jul 2018, 20:29
Gender: Female

Overpayment

Post by Fee-Fee40 »

The same happened to me one week and the following week they started removing £7.80 per week. My overpayment was only £200 though. it appears on my pay slip as arrears of PSE RMDCP min ?? I presume this is the over payment but I'm not 100 percent sure. Maybe somebody knows what it is ?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Overpayment

Post by yellowbelly »

Fee-Fee40 wrote:....it appears on my pay slip as arrears of PSE RMDCP min ??..............
Is this a negative payment on the left hand side of your pay chit? If so would have thought
that this was your PSE Defined Contribution Pension payment due on the OT hours you worked the previous week.
If so they might not even have noticed your £200 overpayment - yet!. Might be worth checking with HR to make sure
they don't sting you later.
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Overpayment

Post by Decky Boy »

brightontom wrote:Just got a payment from royal mail of just over a grand for this week. Only worked 30 hours so obviously that's more than expected. Just wondered what the procedure is here cos I don't want to get caught short here and sacked for taking money I didn't earn.

Any advice?
It's an error on payroll's part... even at Christmas most posties would struggle to earn a grand a week ! If it is not a tax rebate ( we are getting close to the end of the financial year) I'd be speaking to wages and/or my manager.

As posties ( who are worked to the bone on a daily basis) one of the few things we have left is our honesty and integrity. You know what the right thing is to do ?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Overpayment

Post by crimson king »

Is this not the new Culture Change Goodwill Bonus payment resulting from the Four Pillars Agreement?

I wondered how much it was going to be. A grand ain't too shabby :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Overpayment

Post by Decky Boy »

Your payslip should be itemised. What is the payment for ?
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Overpayment

Post by Lincox »

brightontom wrote:Just got a payment from royal mail of just over a grand for this week. Only worked 30 hours so obviously that's more than expected. Just wondered what the procedure is here cos I don't want to get caught short here and sacked for taking money I didn't earn.

Any advice?
The main point is you have not taken the money. You did not ask for it therefore you cannot be sacked. It is the responsibility of the company to pay you correctly. Personally I would wait a couple of pay slips to see if there are any corrections. If not it is up to you whether you wish to inform them. Check your payslip to see where the over payment is itemised. I assume you are just looking at the bottom line. Look at how many hours you have been paid. Look at the amount of tax deducted. If this is shown as a minus figure then it does confirm that you have been given a tax rebate. Look at your tax code to see if this has changed which is why there may be a tax rebate. Could be that you have been on a BR code which means you have not been getting any personal allowances, and now this has been changed to reflect that this year you can earn at least £11500 tax free.