ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door 2 Doors/Households
-
PeterCapaldi
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 30 Jun 2017, 19:23
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
Is there an official stance on when these are supposed to be prepared onto the frame? Is it pre morning sorting or after you have finished preparing your duty?
-
ruorbe
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
D2D should be standardised as it is a complete mess at the moment everyone does it this way. I use to put them all on the frame on Tuesday when is quieter and then get shot Wednesday the rest of the empty slots for Thursday marking the house number to avoid confusions.PeterCapaldi wrote:Is there an official stance on when these are supposed to be prepared onto the frame? Is it pre morning sorting or after you have finished preparing your duty?
However, there are some posties who prefer to do a section a day which is also good.
-
PeterCapaldi
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 30 Jun 2017, 19:23
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
Yeah that’s how I do it, been getting some grief for throwing off a days section at the start of my duty time. Just wondered if there was a correct procedure union backed?
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
Throw off 1/5 per day, take them all or where you are going. Depends on local policy which one you do.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
They should be the first things prepped into the frame. Throw them in BEFORE you start on your sequenced mail ( which goes in IN FRONT of any households you may have. That's how we do it where I work. . . and I'm fairly sure that's standard operating procedure ?
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
Take them where you go, put the rest in the bin. Never tripped me up.
-
WallaceCat
- Posts: 70
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 22:38
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
Pay sum crack head your delivery supplement to burn them
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
ours is 1/6 per day, 1/5 means that the cover would be taking too many, though i always try to clear so none on a sat even if i'm off anyway,deltaforce wrote:Throw off 1/5 per day, take them all or where you are going. Depends on local policy which one you do.
if i'm asked to prep a duty with them already in i pull them back out, tough if they can't remember, or ask to prep someone else's frame instead,
we are told its a big no to leave in frame after auditors once found quite a few bits of mail accidentally put inside them.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
Surely thats a sackable offenceTrail wrote:Take them where you go, put the rest in the bin. Never tripped me up.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
He may be joking?aiden01 wrote:Surely thats a sackable offenceTrail wrote:Take them where you go, put the rest in the bin. Never tripped me up.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Door 2 Doors/Households
I'm part-time and the full-timer who throws my round up puts the Mech inside the D2Ds or behind it! Drives me bonkers!!!!!Decky Boy wrote:They should be the first things prepped into the frame. Throw them in BEFORE you start on your sequenced mail ( which goes in IN FRONT of any households you may have. That's how we do it where I work. . . and I'm fairly sure that's standard operating procedure ?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
He also may not be either way why post silly advice that op is asking for.Bahia Feliz wrote:He may be joking?aiden01 wrote:Surely thats a sackable offenceTrail wrote:Take them where you go, put the rest in the bin. Never tripped me up.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
with people having rotating days off and going sick. i think the ONLY way it should be done is by doing a 1/5th or 1/6th per day which should be assigned to that days workload. Means its easy to track whats already been done and what needs to be done that day and also spreads the workload over the week so it has limited affect on deliveries.
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Door 2 Doors/Households
we pay a fiver each to the guy at local tip and he gets rid of them
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Door 2 Doors/Households
The official method is to prep one sixth each day before you throw the mail in the frame then deliver all of that sixth whether there is any mail or not. I don't think I have ever seen a postie do it this way in my twenty years of being a postie!!!
Personally I like to get them out of my frame ASAP so I usually get them all in the frame for Monday except if it is my long weekend. Then I deliver the D2D to all addresses that have mail and any doors I am passing very close to as well as to unoccupied houses that don't get any mail. This results in about 90% of the D2D at least getting delivered on the Monday.
I think most DOMs don't mind how they are delivered as long as they all go by the end of the week and no mail has been left hidden in amongst the D2Ds in the frame. If there are problems or arguments over who has done what then the rulebook starts to come out.
Personally I like to get them out of my frame ASAP so I usually get them all in the frame for Monday except if it is my long weekend. Then I deliver the D2D to all addresses that have mail and any doors I am passing very close to as well as to unoccupied houses that don't get any mail. This results in about 90% of the D2D at least getting delivered on the Monday.
I think most DOMs don't mind how they are delivered as long as they all go by the end of the week and no mail has been left hidden in amongst the D2Ds in the frame. If there are problems or arguments over who has done what then the rulebook starts to come out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.