ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Worried about job security
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
I've been called daily saying I'm a spare. Sometimes it's we have no work at all. Sometimes it's you need to go to a different office. How much should I worry? I've been here over a year and never seen it like this.
Today my hours have been completely changed from 7 50 til 2 50 to 1 til 7 doing lats.
Today my hours have been completely changed from 7 50 til 2 50 to 1 til 7 doing lats.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
To be honest with the turn over of staff you should always have a job. They'll just mess you about until you pick onto a vacancy. ( then they'll probably still mess you about for " operational needs" ).
Last edited by noggin1969 on 27 Feb 2019, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
The thing is even though we are well overstaffed they are still hiring. I don't get it!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Worried about job security
1-7 is a hybrid duty then doing tracked and collections am guessing ??? 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
whats your contract say ? cant see them getting rid of people at this point.Jamiechelt wrote:I've been called daily saying I'm a spare. Sometimes it's we have no work at all. Sometimes it's you need to go to a different office. How much should I worry? I've been here over a year and never seen it like this.
Today my hours have been completely changed from 7 50 til 2 50 to 1 til 7 doing lats.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
Send some of them our way, we need some more staff (we have casuals year round)Jamiechelt wrote:The thing is even though we are well overstaffed they are still hiring. I don't get it!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Worried about job security
They are hiring part time staff to replace the full time staff they want rid of.Jamiechelt wrote:The thing is even though we are well overstaffed they are still hiring. I don't get it!
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
Well overstaffed??!!
Yours must be the only office in the country that is!
Yours must be the only office in the country that is!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
clashcityrocker wrote:They are hiring part time staff to replace the full time staff they want rid of.Jamiechelt wrote:The thing is even though we are well overstaffed they are still hiring. I don't get it!
Well, why are they not also hiring part-time managers to replace the full-time managers they want rid of?? A manager's job is all but finished when all us posties have gone by 10.30am.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
Most will be replaced in due course by the Work Place Coachpostslippete wrote:clashcityrocker wrote:They are hiring part time staff to replace the full time staff they want rid of.Jamiechelt wrote:The thing is even though we are well overstaffed they are still hiring. I don't get it!
Well, why are they not also hiring part-time managers to replace the full-time managers they want rid of?? A manager's job is all but finished when all us posties have gone by 10.30am.
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
I took the job cause I love the hours. Can I be pushed around like this .. doing 1 til 7 .. where do I stand??
We have like 8 spares this week it's just bizarre
We have like 8 spares this week it's just bizarre
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
They have to give some notice (24hrs I think?) about changing your hours. Also if you're being singled out as the only person being forced to change shifts on a regular basis, then I'd talk to the CWU rep as that would be unfair.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Worried about job security
What kind of contract are you on?Jamiechelt wrote:I took the job cause I love the hours. Can I be pushed around like this .. doing 1 til 7 .. where do I stand??
We have like 8 spares this week it's just bizarre
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Worried about job security
38 hours. 30 delivery. 8 lat. Now they want to change it all to lat.Interested-seeker wrote:What kind of contract are you on?Jamiechelt wrote:I took the job cause I love the hours. Can I be pushed around like this .. doing 1 til 7 .. where do I stand??
We have like 8 spares this week it's just bizarre
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Worried about job security
That can`t be right, you were a newbie last year?
38 hours is the total hours you work, over time and lat included, but what`s your contracted hours?
38 hours is the total hours you work, over time and lat included, but what`s your contracted hours?