ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Firm Collection
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Firm Collection
Do RM still get paid if a postie scans the firm's barcode but there is nothing to collect most days. Ad hoc collection from Argos.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Firm Collection
I believe there's a contract to collect which firms have to pay upfront, so that's why RM still show up every day even though there's nothing there.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Firm Collection
Yes. The scan is mostly to confirm that you turned up. If the collection is over 650 standard letters or so many parcels, is council mailing depots they get free collections as do big company's who send a lot of mail. I used to tell revenue protection about a certain big company who's mailing docket would be waiting for me all filled in. Then about another mail bag would appear and as all the letters were hand stamped the docket in the first mail bag was ment to account for all the letters in both have but it didnt. I felt as if the company was taking the piss out of me personally so I dumped the docket and have into the revenue protection team for about 3 weeks explaining what I saw. They thanked me but for the remaining four months on that duty nothing was done and I was told just to dump the have into GMC platform with the rest of the mail bags. From then on I didn't care about any loss as they weren't interested and was told that the scanning was to confirm out attendance at the pick up. This was due to some duties overlapping and instead of four fans attending over the course of several hours the last man would do it and the same as the piller box with the barcode scanner that came in about 94/95 that was because most boxes got about six collections per day and we knew which ones to leave until the 5:30 pm clearances. Stupid really because most of the time we were sitting listening to the radio in the van checking out the talent as most duties only had about 9/10 boxes to empty. Happy days. 
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Firm Collection
This collection in particular isn't even on the pda list just ad hoc everyday. They have about 1 item per month!
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Firm Collection
We supply their ebay stuff, it must be part of the deal we collect their returns. They never have much because it's stuff uncollected by customers. How many people are gonna order stuff and not collect? To be honest I don't bother scanning and nowt has ever been said!