ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part timer working OT issues
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Hi, I’ve come on here to vent as it seems some of my colleagues have a problem with me doing overtime (I’m a part timer) I say yes to pretty much any overtime asked of me as I don’t mind doing it as I’m saving up. I think some people have a problem with this but I’m not sure why or what I can do about it. I don’t want to turn down money but I want to have a good working relationship with my colleagues.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
I do overtime everyday too for the moneyJacko29 wrote:Hi, I’ve come on here to vent as it seems some of my colleagues have a problem with me doing overtime (I’m a part timer) I say yes to pretty much any overtime asked of me as I don’t mind doing it as I’m saving up. I think some people have a problem with this but I’m not sure why or what I can do about it. I don’t want to turn down money but I want to have a good working relationship with my colleagues.
It’s no one else’s business
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
It should only be an issue if the overtime is not being shared out fairly to those who want it.
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
Out of curiosity are you getting paid OT for just what you do, or are you getting ghost too? that would definitely get backs up in my office. Although in saying that, what OT you do is entirely up to you and no one elses concern. Doing OT indoors/collections is much easier earned than doing extra OT delivery.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
If the overtime is fairly offered and equally distributed to ALL others, there should be no reason for complaint!
If it is being conducted in an unfair fashion, well that is completely different.
Does your office operate an overtime roster?
If it is being conducted in an unfair fashion, well that is completely different.
Does your office operate an overtime roster?
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
Ignore it, if you want overtime, you do the overtime, think of #1 (yourself)Jacko29 wrote:Hi, I’ve come on here to vent as it seems some of my colleagues have a problem with me doing overtime (I’m a part timer) I say yes to pretty much any overtime asked of me as I don’t mind doing it as I’m saving up. I think some people have a problem with this but I’m not sure why or what I can do about it. I don’t want to turn down money but I want to have a good working relationship with my colleagues.
if others have an issue, not your doing, thats down to management
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
I dont know if this is the case but maybe theres been a culture of refusing OT at standard rates to "ransom" managers to pay more, and your acceptance to do it at standard rate is ruining their game.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Just getting paid for the ot I do. I do cut offs, lapsing that no one takes, come in early and do d2ds for lapsing rounds and people ask me to cover collections. I also come in early same as FT’s.scoobymunster wrote:Out of curiosity are you getting paid OT for just what you do, or are you getting ghost too? that would definitely get backs up in my office. Although in saying that, what OT you do is entirely up to you and no one elses concern. Doing OT indoors/collections is much easier earned than doing extra OT delivery.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
All I know is that I get to asked to do it. If people don’t think it’s fair they should talk to manager rather than put me down behind my back? I’m happy with less OT but if I’m offered it I’m not going to say no.gary1975 wrote:It should only be an issue if the overtime is not being shared out fairly to those who want it.
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
There’s no OT roster.tommyrep wrote:If the overtime is fairly offered and equally distributed to ALL others, there should be no reason for complaint!
If it is being conducted in an unfair fashion, well that is completely different.
Does your office operate an overtime roster?
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
Ignore it, if you want overtime, you do the overtime, think of #1 (yourself)
if others have an issue, not your doing, thats down to management[/quote]
That’s how I feel, they seem to have the issues directly aimed at me rather than managers
if others have an issue, not your doing, thats down to management[/quote]
That’s how I feel, they seem to have the issues directly aimed at me rather than managers
-
Jacko29
- Posts: 219
- Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
- Gender: Female
Part timer working OT issues
I wouldn’t know. Perhaps.Postie45 wrote:I dont know if this is the case but maybe theres been a culture of refusing OT at standard rates to "ransom" managers to pay more, and your acceptance to do it at standard rate is ruining their game.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
Some people just hate the managers and see overtime as helping the manager out.
Just ignore them.
If its a full timer moaning about you doing too many hours ask him if he wants to swap contracts so he can do less.
Exactly
Just ignore them.
If its a full timer moaning about you doing too many hours ask him if he wants to swap contracts so he can do less.
Exactly
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Part timer working OT issues
I always say to those who accuse me of "grabbing", that it's there if you want it , I only get the same rate for it as everyone else. In the main , I just ignore it if I want extra money I'll do what I can to earn it legitimately. Fair play to you I say and ignore the sniping , or tell them to **** off as politely as you can.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Part timer working OT issues
no wonder everyone has a issueJacko29 wrote:Just getting paid for the ot I do. I do cut offs, lapsing that no one takes, come in early and do d2ds for lapsing rounds and people ask me to cover collections. I also come in early same as FT’s.scoobymunster wrote:Out of curiosity are you getting paid OT for just what you do, or are you getting ghost too? that would definitely get backs up in my office. Although in saying that, what OT you do is entirely up to you and no one elses concern. Doing OT indoors/collections is much easier earned than doing extra OT delivery.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"