ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Today's job
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Today's job
So got to my depot been put on the biggest round with a partner who’s never done it either ? Day was a farce no bagging up info or van parkings lol and I expect it to be the whole week please tell my why the bosses would allow it knowing work is coming back when I work my hours it’s a comedy show !!!!
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Today’s job
Ask another colleague who knows the duty how to tie it up the best way - if not just do your best and work to your time, if it’s brought back then sod themSmith1212 wrote:So got to my depot been put on the biggest round with a partner who’s never done it either ? Day was a farce no bagging up info or van parkings lol and I expect it to be the whole week please tell my why the bosses would allow it knowing work is coming back when I work my hours it’s a comedy show !!!!
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
Today’s job
Sounds like a standard day at our office
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Today’s job
Yep it must be soul destroying to say the least,it’s all done on a wing and a prayer at times,a sad state I have to say
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Today’s job
Just seems a comedy show ! But hey I work my time and do my best in that time!but I could do so much more with abit of help in the morning I don’t start till 7.50am and nothing ever gets thrown off:( but hey work my hours bring stuff back it’s then there problem not mine I suppose.Chalky13 wrote:Sounds like a standard day at our office
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Today’s job
Smith1212 wrote:So got to my depot been put on the biggest round with a partner who’s never done it either ? Day was a farce no bagging up info or van parkings lol and I expect it to be the whole week please tell my why the bosses would allow it knowing work is coming back when I work my hours it’s a comedy show !!!!
Why is he frame not correct for the job? When did you last have the jobs updated in the office?
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
Today’s job
I agree, ours is the same. The newest 3 managers have been in that role around 3-6 months each, all straight in at our office, one of the larger ones. 2 of them have never even been a postie, but straight into management and one of those 2 works parttime, 7-11!
It’s a farce.
Before Xmas, we had a great guy come into our section, really switched on, started sorting the problems, someone who listened and you could talk to. He got transferred!
I’ve had a battle to get my walk back, as it was designated as lapsing, despite being the largest in the office, numbers wise. So 3 days a week I’d come in after it’s lapsed to cut offs where guys didn’t do their lapsing, mostly out of principle
It’s a farce.
Before Xmas, we had a great guy come into our section, really switched on, started sorting the problems, someone who listened and you could talk to. He got transferred!
I’ve had a battle to get my walk back, as it was designated as lapsing, despite being the largest in the office, numbers wise. So 3 days a week I’d come in after it’s lapsed to cut offs where guys didn’t do their lapsing, mostly out of principle