ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New full time contracts

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stoneybroke
Posts: 80
Joined: 01 Oct 2015, 19:47
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by stoneybroke »

Hope someone can clear this up.
Our office is undergoing a review at the moment and they are talking about taking a couple of walks out of the office. To offset this they are making 4 of us part-timers, up to full-time.
Will we be made up to the hours that full-timers are on at the moment i.e. 38 hours?
Rumours are that we will only be offered 35 hours, but if this happens we will then be van sharing with an original full-timer on 38 hours.
Any idea if this is right?
Thanks for any replies.
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by hero22 »

Some of us got made full time just before Christmas and we’re given 35 hours. Still van share with a guy on 38. Just extra is overtime.
zipmeister
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by zipmeister »

Joint statement regarding full time contracts attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stoneybroke
Posts: 80
Joined: 01 Oct 2015, 19:47
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by stoneybroke »

OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

New full time contracts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rambo1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by The Postman »

rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.
Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rogersh »

rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.
I posted this example in the union room.
The hourly rate went up for part- timers as a consequence of the hour reduction. Hourly rate increased for f/t & p/t

Example pay rate £434.06 (did not change) divide by 39 = £11.13 per hour - Divide by 38 = £11.42 p/h

Part -timer working 20 hours (before increase in Hourly rate) would have basic pay of £222.59 then increased to £228.45 p/w from October 2018.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Chalky13 »

Re: OP

I was offered a FT contract and “started” it in September last year. It still isn’t through properly and I’m working 38hrs, being paid 30 + 8 as overtime and the supplements are at 30hr rates.

The system via our DOM and area manager is a joke with promise after promise broken.

I’ve told them as I’ve been through the grievance procedure about it, I’m now handing everything to ACAS to sort. The union isn’t helping either.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rogersh »

Chalky13 wrote:Re: OP

I was offered a FT contract and “started” it in September last year. It still isn’t through properly and I’m working 38hrs, being paid 30 + 8 as overtime and the supplements are at 30hr rates.

The system via our DOM and area manager is a joke with promise after promise broken.

I’ve told them as I’ve been through the grievance procedure about it, I’m now handing everything to ACAS to sort. The union isn’t helping either.
So chalky the 38 contract you & your colleagues were promised to receive 2 weeks ago has not materialised.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Chalky13 »

Nope, and now the area DOM says it’s likely to happen in the revision during Feb/mar

I’ve told the area union rep that’s too late and I’m going to acas
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Chalky13 »

Myself and several others have said we should’ve gone out on strike by now, but it seems the majority of the staff are alright jacks, so unless it impacts them, they mouth off but don’t action it

Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.

I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rogersh »

Chalky13 wrote:Myself and several others have said we should’ve gone out on strike by now, but it seems the majority of the staff are alright jacks, so unless it impacts them, they mouth off but don’t action it

Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.

I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
I have had a few instances where I have had no option but to contact the CEO (Moya Greene & Sue Whalley) via justsayit re H&S issues having exhausted the procedure by line management. I also "caught out" the area rep in writing & receiving a response via Davie Robertson (now CWU national officer) who contradicted what the Area rep had written on the union board.

You can contact Rico Back via Justsayit@royalmail.com with any questions or ideas. At least you will receive a response & in my experience your office will be informed of your enquiry. You could ask why the agreements with part-timers not being honoured as stated in the Front line Managers Briefing Pack;

We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
• Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by Chalky13 »

rogersh wrote:
Chalky13 wrote:Myself and several others have said we should’ve gone out on strike by now, but it seems the majority of the staff are alright jacks, so unless it impacts them, they mouth off but don’t action it

Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.

I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
I have had a few instances where I have had no option but to contact the CEO (Moya Greene & Sue Whalley) via justsayit re H&S issues having exhausted the procedure by line management. I also "caught out" the area rep in writing & receiving a response via Davie Robertson (now CWU national officer) who contradicted what the Area rep had written on the union board.

You can contact Rico Back via Justsayit@royalmail.com with any questions or ideas. At least you will receive a response & in my experience your office will be informed of your enquiry. You could ask why the agreements with part-timers not being honoured as stated in the Front line Managers Briefing Pack;

We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
• Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.

Thank you! :thumbup
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

New full time contracts

Post by rambo1 »

The Postman wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTs
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.
Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.
When I'm on holiday, I get paid same amount as I did before sww. When someone on 32hrs is on holiday, they get paid more than they did before sww! How can you not get it?