ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rude shop owners
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Rude shop owners
I deliver to a certain shop on my duty. It's a older ladies clothes shop and the staff there are very snooty. They don't even acknowledge me when I open the door and walk to counter to hand them their post. Well today I delivered them a special and looked at the lady closest to me and asked her to sign. Well the woman behind the counter shook her head and rolled her eyes and told me she'd sign. Almost as if to assert her authority as either the manager or shop owner ! I just said I didn't care who signed as a slight dig, anyway I'm sick and tired of being treated as if I'm something they stepped in. Sonie it ok to just shove their post through the letterbox even though they're open ? Just to make them go and get it. I know it's petty but I'm wound up 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
I had a Boots the Chemist that did something similar, they tried to get me to deliver the mail upstairs to the office, I kept leaving it on the counter and they complained so I started shoving it through the letterbox even though they were open. After about a week they asked me to leave it on the counter. No problem.
I also had a lawyers who would always demand to inspect anything they had to sign for before they signed it, I would always refuse and they would always complain. We played this game for months before they eventually gave up. Lawyers and banks seem to be the worst.
I also had a lawyers who would always demand to inspect anything they had to sign for before they signed it, I would always refuse and they would always complain. We played this game for months before they eventually gave up. Lawyers and banks seem to be the worst.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
You could just leave it inside the front door or post it in the letter box. Long as it’s the delivery point your doing nothing wrong.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
I've had a few like that. Honestly, I'd just shove it through the letterbox and if it needs a signature knock on the door and wait for them to come open it, if they don't, just slip it. Eventually they'll get the point, and if they complain just say you're delivering to the delivery point.
If you want to be really petty make sure it's your last call, and have your break outside the shop before going in.
Had it all on the rounds I've covered. Even had one school who demanded I sort their mail (a full sack) for them into departments etc. Had another complain about me walking through his kitchen showroom when I was only delivering it to his back office. And countless businesses moan because 'I'm late'
If you want to be really petty make sure it's your last call, and have your break outside the shop before going in.
Had it all on the rounds I've covered. Even had one school who demanded I sort their mail (a full sack) for them into departments etc. Had another complain about me walking through his kitchen showroom when I was only delivering it to his back office. And countless businesses moan because 'I'm late'
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Worst of all are Doctor’s receptionist and school receptionists 
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Yeah,doctors receptionists are the worst. One example, out of courtesy I used to go inside to the reception desk to deliver their mail and pick up their out going mail.
Then one I day I had a signed for packet. I was ignored for about 5 mins.
Since then, I only deliver to the mailbox. I don't care too much about grumpy people, but if you waste my time, I'll reciprocate.
Then one I day I had a signed for packet. I was ignored for about 5 mins.
Since then, I only deliver to the mailbox. I don't care too much about grumpy people, but if you waste my time, I'll reciprocate.
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Letterbox it
First point of delivery
Smiffy
I have a few like that on my round.
First point of delivery
Smiffy
I have a few like that on my round.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Doctors receptionists definitely the worst
Vets receptionists probably the friendliest and cheeriest
Vets receptionists probably the friendliest and cheeriest
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Rude shop owners
Be careful of a security issue
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Rude shop owners
Ignore leave a 739
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Had a real snotty stuck up twat a few years ago, customer in his shop so I politely said "it's just one to sign for" his reply "you'll have to wait you can see I've got a customer", so I started filling out a 739 which really annoyed him but it did the trick he never tried to make me wait again !
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Biker Mouse wrote:Worst of all are Doctor’s receptionist and school receptionists
Once put a parcel on the counter in the doctors and the receptionist was on the phone she goes "Sorry hold on i've just had a parcel thrown in my face"
Moody bitch.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
I’ve 739’d a special for the doctors and one at the hospital. Haven’t got time to be pissed about.Justanotherstar wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:Worst of all are Doctor’s receptionist and school receptionists
Once put a parcel on the counter in the doctors and the receptionist was on the phone she goes "Sorry hold on i've just had a parcel thrown in my face"![]()
Moody bitch.
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Rude shop owners
Hahahaha #SaluteBiker Mouse wrote:I’ve 739’d a special for the doctors and one at the hospital. Haven’t got time to be pissed about.Justanotherstar wrote:Biker Mouse wrote:Worst of all are Doctor’s receptionist and school receptionists
Once put a parcel on the counter in the doctors and the receptionist was on the phone she goes "Sorry hold on i've just had a parcel thrown in my face"![]()
Moody bitch.