ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New full time contracts
-
stoneybroke
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 01 Oct 2015, 19:47
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Hope someone can clear this up.
Our office is undergoing a review at the moment and they are talking about taking a couple of walks out of the office. To offset this they are making 4 of us part-timers, up to full-time.
Will we be made up to the hours that full-timers are on at the moment i.e. 38 hours?
Rumours are that we will only be offered 35 hours, but if this happens we will then be van sharing with an original full-timer on 38 hours.
Any idea if this is right?
Thanks for any replies.
Our office is undergoing a review at the moment and they are talking about taking a couple of walks out of the office. To offset this they are making 4 of us part-timers, up to full-time.
Will we be made up to the hours that full-timers are on at the moment i.e. 38 hours?
Rumours are that we will only be offered 35 hours, but if this happens we will then be van sharing with an original full-timer on 38 hours.
Any idea if this is right?
Thanks for any replies.
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Some of us got made full time just before Christmas and we’re given 35 hours. Still van share with a guy on 38. Just extra is overtime.
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Joint statement regarding full time contracts attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
stoneybroke
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 01 Oct 2015, 19:47
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New full time contracts
Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.rambo1 wrote:As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
I posted this example in the union room.rambo1 wrote:As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?
The hourly rate went up for part- timers as a consequence of the hour reduction. Hourly rate increased for f/t & p/t
Example pay rate £434.06 (did not change) divide by 39 = £11.13 per hour - Divide by 38 = £11.42 p/h
Part -timer working 20 hours (before increase in Hourly rate) would have basic pay of £222.59 then increased to £228.45 p/w from October 2018.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Re: OP
I was offered a FT contract and “started” it in September last year. It still isn’t through properly and I’m working 38hrs, being paid 30 + 8 as overtime and the supplements are at 30hr rates.
The system via our DOM and area manager is a joke with promise after promise broken.
I’ve told them as I’ve been through the grievance procedure about it, I’m now handing everything to ACAS to sort. The union isn’t helping either.
I was offered a FT contract and “started” it in September last year. It still isn’t through properly and I’m working 38hrs, being paid 30 + 8 as overtime and the supplements are at 30hr rates.
The system via our DOM and area manager is a joke with promise after promise broken.
I’ve told them as I’ve been through the grievance procedure about it, I’m now handing everything to ACAS to sort. The union isn’t helping either.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
So chalky the 38 contract you & your colleagues were promised to receive 2 weeks ago has not materialised.Chalky13 wrote:Re: OP
I was offered a FT contract and “started” it in September last year. It still isn’t through properly and I’m working 38hrs, being paid 30 + 8 as overtime and the supplements are at 30hr rates.
The system via our DOM and area manager is a joke with promise after promise broken.
I’ve told them as I’ve been through the grievance procedure about it, I’m now handing everything to ACAS to sort. The union isn’t helping either.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Nope, and now the area DOM says it’s likely to happen in the revision during Feb/mar
I’ve told the area union rep that’s too late and I’m going to acas
I’ve told the area union rep that’s too late and I’m going to acas
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
Myself and several others have said we should’ve gone out on strike by now, but it seems the majority of the staff are alright jacks, so unless it impacts them, they mouth off but don’t action it
Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.
I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.
I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
I have had a few instances where I have had no option but to contact the CEO (Moya Greene & Sue Whalley) via justsayit re H&S issues having exhausted the procedure by line management. I also "caught out" the area rep in writing & receiving a response via Davie Robertson (now CWU national officer) who contradicted what the Area rep had written on the union board.Chalky13 wrote:Myself and several others have said we should’ve gone out on strike by now, but it seems the majority of the staff are alright jacks, so unless it impacts them, they mouth off but don’t action it
Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.
I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
You can contact Rico Back via Justsayit@royalmail.com with any questions or ideas. At least you will receive a response & in my experience your office will be informed of your enquiry. You could ask why the agreements with part-timers not being honoured as stated in the Front line Managers Briefing Pack;
We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
• Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
rogersh wrote:I have had a few instances where I have had no option but to contact the CEO (Moya Greene & Sue Whalley) via justsayit re H&S issues having exhausted the procedure by line management. I also "caught out" the area rep in writing & receiving a response via Davie Robertson (now CWU national officer) who contradicted what the Area rep had written on the union board.Chalky13 wrote:Myself and several others have said we should’ve gone out on strike by now, but it seems the majority of the staff are alright jacks, so unless it impacts them, they mouth off but don’t action it
Same with the union rep. As it doesn’t affect everyone, he’s not massively interested it seems.
I grew up as a child learning that a union protects and supports every member, whether it’s affecting 1 or 1000.
You can contact Rico Back via Justsayit@royalmail.com with any questions or ideas. At least you will receive a response & in my experience your office will be informed of your enquiry. You could ask why the agreements with part-timers not being honoured as stated in the Front line Managers Briefing Pack;
We will honour our agreements regarding part-time colleagues:
• Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
Thank you!
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
New full time contracts
When I'm on holiday, I get paid same amount as I did before sww. When someone on 32hrs is on holiday, they get paid more than they did before sww! How can you not get it?The Postman wrote:Yes, they do. They get the same rate whether they’re at work or not. Same as the part timers.rambo1 wrote:As I've said before though, pt still get their I creased rate when on leave, full time don't.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yes. In fact we all get an increase in the hourly rate, even FTsstoneybroke wrote:OK. Thanks for the replies chaps.
So in October, if the full-timers go onto a 37 hr week, would i (being on a 35 hr contract) get a rise in my hourly rate to compensate?