Afternoon all.
Please could anyone tell me If the DOM can just say your duty will be changing to a rotational day off?
I signed for this duty a few years ago and it has always had a set day off which is the reason why I signed for it due to issues at home it suited us.
The change has come about because another duty has been removed so it's impacted me.
I'll grab the Rep Monday but just wanted to know If anyone has any advice.
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Set day off changing
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Set day off changing
I think yes would be the answer. If you can prove any specific commitments you already have planned for your projected days off on your set day, then I would say they have to honour them, however I think they can just change your duty to a rotating day off, obviously with sufficient notice. Sorry. Royal mail love messing with your work life balance.19times wrote:Afternoon all.
Please could anyone tell me If the DOM can just say your duty will be changing to a rotational day off?
I signed for this duty a few years ago and it has always had a set day off which is the reason why I signed for it due to issues at home it suited us.
The change has come about because another duty has been removed so it's impacted me.
I'll grab the Rep Monday but just wanted to know If anyone has any advice.
Thanks.
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Set day off changing
Thanks for the reply rambo1.
I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems
Dom did say it isnt set in dtone yet and If I can think off a way to make things work regards the changes to let him know
I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems
Dom did say it isnt set in dtone yet and If I can think off a way to make things work regards the changes to let him know
Last edited by 19times on 22 Feb 2019, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Set day off changing
There’s your trump card then. Family friendly hours19times wrote:Thanks for the reply rambo1 »
I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Set day off changing
I am on them for the rest of the week and he has been good with that to be fair to him, I finish earlier on certain days just come in early to make the hours up, all been working great no issues at all.number one wrote:There’s your trump card then. Family friendly hours19times wrote:Thanks for the reply rambo1 »
I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Set day off changing
as were on the subject set day off , we have a couple of part timers in our place who have a sat off all the time what the f@@@@ is going on we would all like a sat off mine comes around every 5 weeks for my sat off am full time , good old part timers ay quick enough to start moaning and get what they want come in early 2hrs 40 every day on overtime etc

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Set day off changing
I get what you mean,but don't grumble about it, if you think you'd be better off them dropped to part time is my advice.maisymoo04 wrote:as were on the subject set day off , we have a couple of part timers in our place who have a sat off all the time what the f@@@@ is going on we would all like a sat off mine comes around every 5 weeks for my sat off am full time , good old part timers ay quick enough to start moaning and get what they want come in early 2hrs 40 every day on overtime etc![]()
![]()
![]()
-
shizsco
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 12:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: alderran
Set day off changing
We work 1 weekend in 6 off. There are two people in our office who needed a set day off so each group of 6 accommodated it, which meant that the others in each group ended up with 1 weekend in 5 off which suited everyone.