ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Set day off changing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Set day off changing

Post by 19times »

Afternoon all.

Please could anyone tell me If the DOM can just say your duty will be changing to a rotational day off?

I signed for this duty a few years ago and it has always had a set day off which is the reason why I signed for it due to issues at home it suited us.

The change has come about because another duty has been removed so it's impacted me.

I'll grab the Rep Monday but just wanted to know If anyone has any advice.

Thanks.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Set day off changing

Post by rambo1 »

19times wrote:Afternoon all.

Please could anyone tell me If the DOM can just say your duty will be changing to a rotational day off?

I signed for this duty a few years ago and it has always had a set day off which is the reason why I signed for it due to issues at home it suited us.

The change has come about because another duty has been removed so it's impacted me.

I'll grab the Rep Monday but just wanted to know If anyone has any advice.

Thanks.
I think yes would be the answer. If you can prove any specific commitments you already have planned for your projected days off on your set day, then I would say they have to honour them, however I think they can just change your duty to a rotating day off, obviously with sufficient notice. Sorry. Royal mail love messing with your work life balance.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Set day off changing

Post by 19times »

Thanks for the reply rambo1.

I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems :sad:

Dom did say it isnt set in dtone yet and If I can think off a way to make things work regards the changes to let him know :crazy:
Last edited by 19times on 22 Feb 2019, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Set day off changing

Post by number one »

19times wrote:Thanks for the reply rambo1 »

I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems :sad:
There’s your trump card then. Family friendly hours
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Set day off changing

Post by 19times »

number one wrote:
19times wrote:Thanks for the reply rambo1 »

I have my Daughter on the set day so this will cause major problems :sad:
There’s your trump card then. Family friendly hours
I am on them for the rest of the week and he has been good with that to be fair to him, I finish earlier on certain days just come in early to make the hours up, all been working great no issues at all.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Set day off changing

Post by maisymoo04 »

as were on the subject set day off , we have a couple of part timers in our place who have a sat off all the time what the f@@@@ is going on we would all like a sat off mine comes around every 5 weeks for my sat off am full time , good old part timers ay quick enough to start moaning and get what they want come in early 2hrs 40 every day on overtime etc :arrrghhh :Applause :Applause :Applause
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Set day off changing

Post by rambo1 »

maisymoo04 wrote:as were on the subject set day off , we have a couple of part timers in our place who have a sat off all the time what the f@@@@ is going on we would all like a sat off mine comes around every 5 weeks for my sat off am full time , good old part timers ay quick enough to start moaning and get what they want come in early 2hrs 40 every day on overtime etc :arrrghhh :Applause :Applause :Applause
I get what you mean,but don't grumble about it, if you think you'd be better off them dropped to part time is my advice.
shizsco
Posts: 49
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 12:49
Gender: Male
Location: alderran

Set day off changing

Post by shizsco »

We work 1 weekend in 6 off. There are two people in our office who needed a set day off so each group of 6 accommodated it, which meant that the others in each group ended up with 1 weekend in 5 off which suited everyone.