ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Leaving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by panch1989 »

I've been offered a new job which is working less days a week, more hours as it's full time and for a significant amount of money. My main issue is whats the resignation length, joined in 2015 I think it's a week but I've read it's a month. Any ideas?
Westhamguy
Posts: 6
Joined: 18 Jan 2019, 21:28
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Westhamguy »

Give them as much notice as they give you when changing your duty.
Wornoutpostie
Posts: 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2016, 17:36
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Wornoutpostie »

I thought it was a week.....
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Pidleypoo »

It’s a week , my missus only gave a weeks notice in writing.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Some time in the last few years it was changed to 4 weeks.
You'll need to check your contract but to be honest if you've another job to go to what are they going to do about it?
Only dead fish follow the current
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Leaving

Post by doorstepped »

April 2018 it changed to a months notice, so if you started before then it is still a week.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by Justanotherstar »

Give notice then go sick simples.
amhopkins1
Posts: 33
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:46
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by amhopkins1 »

Just out of interest what is the job?
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by noggin1969 »

To be honest whether it's a week or 4 , what's the worst RM can do if you're leaving. They're hardly going to go running to the lawyers for breach of contract. It's really how you morally feel about the job , if you want to leave with a clear concision follow the contract. If you don't mind just walk.
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by panch1989 »

amhopkins1 wrote:Just out of interest what is the job?
It's going to shift work, full time and almost triple the wages I'm on now. The job is pretty skilful involving mixing chemical formulas so a challenge I'm looking forward to.
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by The Postman »

panch1989 wrote:
amhopkins1 wrote:Just out of interest what is the job?
It's going to shift work, full time and almost triple the wages I'm on now. The job is pretty skilful involving mixing chemical formulas so a challenge I'm looking forward to.
You know ‘breaking bad’ wasn’t a true story, right?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by crimson king »

The Postman wrote:
panch1989 wrote:
amhopkins1 wrote:Just out of interest what is the job?
It's going to shift work, full time and almost triple the wages I'm on now. The job is pretty skilful involving mixing chemical formulas so a challenge I'm looking forward to.
You know ‘breaking bad’ wasn’t a true story, right?
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Leaving

Post by panch1989 »

I do have to wear a breaking bad ppe in the new place. Haha