ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What footwear to wear?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Assassin6
Posts: 12
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 12:21
Gender: Male

What footwear to wear?

Post by Assassin6 »

Just got my new Royal mail trainers and after 2 days blisters and very sore feet literally felt like I couldn't carry on any more after 12 o'clock today. Will these break in or do I invest in some other type of shoes? Was wearing my own trainers for first 2 weeks but obviously they aren't waterproof any suggestions on footwear and not too expensive please? Thanks.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

What footwear to wear?

Post by Charliecat »

You're allowed 2 pairs I think so try and order a different type but if I were you I'd order half a size up as when I first ordered a pair they squeezed to big toe so it went black and didn't grow out for a year ! It's the inner sole that takes up the extra foot space. If your RM ones are crap then if you buy your own you get £30 towards them. Just give them your receipt. Tell them you can't wear RM ones for health reasons.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What footwear to wear?

Post by aiden01 »

Charliecat wrote:You're allowed 2 pairs I think so try and order a different type but if I were you I'd order half a size up as when I first ordered a pair they squeezed to big toe so it went black and didn't grow out for a year ! It's the inner sole that takes up the extra foot space. If your RM ones are crap then if you buy your own you get £30 towards them. Just give them your receipt. Tell them you can't wear RM ones for health reasons.
£34 now but you need a letter from doctor podiatrist etc.
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

What footwear to wear?

Post by postmanzach »

I personally swear by 2 pairs of socks it makes such a difference. and I rotate between Royal Mail shoes and my own trainers (Air Force 1s usually or ASICS running shoes) but I’d like to get some HOKAs as the curved sole looks brilliant.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

What footwear to wear?

Post by aiden01 »

just got a new pair of karrimoor running trainers very comfortable.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

What footwear to wear?

Post by RobertT »

postmanzach wrote:I personally swear by 2 pairs of socks it makes such a difference. and I rotate between Royal Mail shoes and my own trainers (Air Force 1s usually or ASICS running shoes) but I’d like to get some HOKAs as the curved sole looks brilliant.
I do a bit of running(used to do a lot when I was younger) and love Hoka's.

When they're coming to the end of their running life, I then wear them for work.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here