ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Redirection

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Redirection

Post by arnold cheshire »

I've seen people registering cars at homes they've been gone ten months ago
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Redirection

Post by joewyan »

Ok? And what? If they have a redirection then redirect, if not (or it says not to) then deliver the mail to the address.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Redirection

Post by aiden01 »

arnold cheshire wrote:I've seen people registering cars at homes they've been gone ten months ago
Not your problem why worry. just deliver as addressed. :thumbup
zombiepostman
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Redirection

Post by zombiepostman »

Lots of people do this because parking tickets and speeding fines go to their old address and even if redirected they can say they didn't receive them, its a criminal offence but like the other posts say its not your problem
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Redirection

Post by Chalky13 »

I’ve a house that was rented and the couple have done a runner. Literally a hundred letters in about 2 months I’ve delivered, probably half those are parking fines, reminders, finance letters chasing etc etc. No redirection in place and none are coming back as RTS from the estate agents

I’m just delivering the mail and that’s all you can do.
I could kill off the letters myself and RTS but that’s not for me to worry about til the letters come back (IF that come back)