ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Manager rang me to say my pda had scanned a Tracked for another deliver at X location on X day at X time.Next day in the office he had printouts etc of it all,I said I know nothing about it,I had only delivered all Tracked items as addressed as usual.Never had a complaint like this before,not sure what will happen next?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Two items with the same barcode?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

SpacePhoenix wrote:Two items with the same barcode?
Some cock up i'm sure,it's the way they treat you like a suspect though,£600 item he said!
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Tinoblade »

Bahia Feliz wrote:Manager rang me to say my pda had scanned a Tracked for another deliver at X location on X day at X time.Next day in the office he had printouts etc of it all,I said I know nothing about it,I had only delivered all Tracked items as addressed as usual.Never had a complaint like this before,not sure what will happen next?
Could it be the address was slightly different to where you delivered? Like close instead of way?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Tinoblade wrote:
Could it be the address was slightly different to where you delivered? Like close instead of way?
No mate,the address was nothing like anything I deliver to.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by deltaforce »

Goes to show these digital systems are not infallible. My collection confirmation scan often disappears without me ever scanning the bar code back at the office at the end of my duty.. another case is when a customer said I tried to deliver her special delivery item earlier according to her smart phone. I Hadn’t even touched the item since I loaded the van two hours earlier.
Bboingg
Posts: 69
Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Bboingg »

Or a scam - someone buys a service online - prints out, then covers the address with a different address, item gets delivered to bandit2 and a claim is made for £600 lost mobile phone!
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Bboingg wrote:Or a scam - someone buys a service online - prints out, then covers the address with a different address, item gets delivered to bandit2 and a claim is made for £600 lost mobile phone!
Crossed my mind as well.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by scoobydo79 »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
Bboingg wrote:Or a scam - someone buys a service online - prints out, then covers the address with a different address, item gets delivered to bandit2 and a claim is made for £600 lost mobile phone!
Crossed my mind as well.
Yes the above.One for the IB to look at I would say.
zombiepostman
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by zombiepostman »

Its a scam it happened on my delivery apparently a tracked packet was scanned on another round for my delivery it was meant to be an i phone,the customer on my round said a postman must have nicked it turned out he had been scammed but how it turns up on another rounds pda has never been explained to me (never got an apology from the customer no surprise really)
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by arnold cheshire »

Why would a scammer have access to a false delivery point in the same postcode?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by arnold cheshire »

deltaforce wrote:Goes to show these digital systems are not infallible. My collection confirmation scan often disappears without me ever scanning the bar code back at the office at the end of my duty.. another case is when a customer said I tried to deliver her special delivery item earlier according to her smart phone. I Hadn’t even touched the item since I loaded the van two hours earlier.
Collections are downloaded specials aren't so how did that happen?
Startingover
Posts: 48
Joined: 06 Jun 2018, 21:04
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by Startingover »

SpacePhoenix wrote:Two items with the same barcode?

I've had similar. I got advised that I had delivered for a place over 70 miles away (addresses not even similar) and that the customer (70 miles away) had not received and manager wondered if I could recollect? I advised that I appreciated that although the round that I was on was large, I could not remember going 70 miles out of my way?
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by cpsteve »

Not sure how that can happen unless the pda has been cloned or someone logged into your pda as you.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

My pda scanned a Tracked for another delivery

Post by arnold cheshire »

Your PDA scanned a tracked ? Or you scanned a tracked ? What was the location of the scan?