Just after some heads up on Wallington system pay.
I’m due to start in a couple of weeks. At interview I was told they work the wallington system. My understanding of this is that you work 6 days for 5 weeks then a week off. I’m 25hrs a week so I’m assuming I’ll work 9-2 Monday to Saturday but only be paid for Mon-Fri and then the 5 Saturday payments will accrue so I’m paid for 25hrs on the 6th week which would be my week off. Is that correct?
My second query is regarding over time. I know this is paid a week in arrears. Just wanting to know if I was to work over on a Saturday, is that paid the following week or is it paid during the week off?
Strangely my formal offer actually states 25hrs with rotational day off. I’m assuming that that’s a standard contract and the wallington system is a locally agreed thing? Not really fussed either way, both have their benefits so happy either way.
Thanks in advance.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wallington system query
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Wallington system query
Overtime on Saturday will be paid the following week