ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Courier

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Strong bull
Posts: 120
Joined: 17 May 2012, 10:34
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by Strong bull »

In this month's properganda mag I had 2 separate leaflets on debt solutions.

I have an idea how about giving us a pay rise at least equivalent to inflation,pay correct overtime and possibly make p/t ers hours up that continually work f/t hours.

Just a thought
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by redneck »

Bin it
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by noggin1969 »

If you return it often enough they send a letter and then stop sending it.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by worktotime »

noggin1969 wrote:If you return it often enough they send a letter and then stop sending it.
yes and it works :thumbup , just keep returning as not wanted ,
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yep couldn’t stand reading it,sent mine back 3 times with refused sticker on and a note saying that it has no resemblance to the company that I work for on a daily basis,even to I stopped receiving it
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by chickenwittle »

Straight in the recycling bin .
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Courier

Post by Brandy »

Arnt I the lucky one,been left nearly 2 years and still get this pack of lies!!! :roll:
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by ted_e_bear »

I keep on torturing myself by reading it, really annoys me whenever someone sends a letter in saying something like "when can we have a waterproof coat that doesn't let rain piss straight through it" and there's always a condescending reply explaining that they are totally fit for purpose !
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by wacko74 »

As far as the debt leaflets are concerned, to be fair it's not just a Royal Mail thing... It's all part of our brave new world of stagnant wages, inflated asset prices and cheap n' easy credit.

Turning us into a nation of obedient, compliant, debt slave worker drones
DICKIEG
Posts: 158
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 19:07
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by DICKIEG »

Amuses me, royal mail can manage to put leaflets into a wrapper along with their magazine, but can't put d2ds together in a wrapper for delivery staff :crazy:
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Courier

Post by NewPostieUK »

ted_e_bear wrote:I keep on torturing myself by reading it, really annoys me whenever someone sends a letter in saying something like "when can we have a waterproof coat that doesn't let rain piss straight through it" and there's always a condescending reply explaining that they are totally fit for purpose !
Yes, and they said it's good for 25 washes, which is two years (or was it three years?) Um, I wash mine every week, so that'll be six months it lasts. Except the zip breaks before then.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Courier

Post by fb1969 »

Good that they told us the jacket has to be zipped fully up to be waterproof - there was me thinking I could leave in the office and it would keep me dry.

I love the letters pages, posties writing in with comments/ideas/questions and some bod replying along the lines of "wtf do you know, we are right and you are wrong". Sums up the entire company - don't ask the people that do the job, they don't know what they are talking about.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Chalky13
Posts: 155
Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by Chalky13 »

I find that too, whenever a letter is written in, the answer appears to be a standard “nope, not happening, it’s fine, nothing needs changing” BS. Infuriating
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

I don,t understand why people even bother to write in,you will only get a standard reply from some bod who dosen,t give a toss. :speak to the hand