ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Peoples Panel

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rainbowwarrior72
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 431
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
Gender: Male

The Peoples Panel

Post by rainbowwarrior72 »

One of Sue Whalleys pet projects was the Peoples Panel I being on it have heard nothing since Sue Whalley letft RM. But I wonder if Rico has dropped it We are due to meet in Feb but have heard nothing. We didn't get a christmas card at Christmas thanking us.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

The Peoples Panel

Post by redneck »

These ideas are usually ways of challenging unionised work forces suggestions and demands, and a sly way of rubber stamping support for management wishes. Hopefully we won't here anything from it, ever.
rainbowwarrior72
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 431
Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
Gender: Male

The Peoples Panel

Post by rainbowwarrior72 »

Actually it wasn't that bad and I am a union man myself. The original reason was the bad HYS in 2016 Sue Whalley came to RM from a work consultancy firm similar to that Japanese Professor who thought up WCM. It was interesting because at the last one I attended in London last year even the managers were saying the same things as we were. But are these Office visits that the senior CWU and RM Managers to actually going to change anything either? As I have said the managers have the same as us to worry about but when we are on the dole we get the same money
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

The Peoples Panel

Post by redneck »

I'm quite sure a scaling down or withdrawal of manager bonuses would not be proposed, then again it's difficult at union level to do that either as the screws are represented by Unite.