ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Urgent transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Urgent transfer

Post by 2214MN »

Hi guys,

Currently in the process of transferring as I’ve moved a few hours away to be with my partner and newborn baby.

I applied for a transfer and was successful. Currently on paternity leave and my manager at my current office is trying to arrange it so I can go straight from paternity leave to my new office. This doesn’t look likely at short notice.

I read in the application for the transfer that the transfer must take place within 28 days. I found out I was successful on the 14/01, so the 10th feb would be the 28th day. I’m due back at my current office on the 4th, I don’t mind going back for one week but can they refuse to transfer me the following week? My new office are desperate for me to start ASAP as well.

Thanks