ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Buydowns

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MAILMAN84
Posts: 186
Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05

Buydowns

Post by MAILMAN84 »

If I'm honest, I've had it with Royal Mail.

Making more money on side gigs but I need my own car. Do they still do buydowns from 30 hours to 25 hours. Been there 14 years how much money would I get for this? after that how long would I need to stay before I can leave?
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Buydowns

Post by wacko74 »

Given how most offices are now run on a less than skeleton staff and require huge amounts of goodwill overtime, I'd be utterly gobsmacked if you got offered a buydown!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Buydowns

Post by arnold cheshire »

Buy downs are rare if not finished in any case you pay tax on them now and I don't think they will do one for 5 hours savings
philip.morford
Posts: 7
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 19:37
Gender: Male

Buydowns

Post by philip.morford »

i asked re buydown they said no done it anyway from 5 days to 3
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Buydowns

Post by aiden01 »

philip.morford wrote:i asked re buydown they said no done it anyway from 5 days to 3
How many hrs did you buy down an was it worth a few£££.
philip.morford
Posts: 7
Joined: 28 Jul 2013, 19:37
Gender: Male

Buydowns

Post by philip.morford »

no monies exchanged .. went from 39 hrs to 23.18 3 days per week.