Any tips on how im going to get through tomorrow with a suspected cracked rib/at the very least a damaged muscle in that area.
I couldnt even get out of bed yesterday and how to phone in, currently sat in agony typing this.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
working with a suspected cracked rib.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Phone your office to say you won't be in, and get seen by GP or a&e? You won't win a Hero's Award by struggling on with fractured ribs..leolion855 wrote:Any tips on how im going to get through tomorrow with a suspected cracked rib/at the very least a damaged muscle in that area.
I couldnt even get out of bed yesterday and how to phone in, currently sat in agony typing this.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Strong painkillers and complete rest was advice i was given by A an E doctor was ok within a few days.leolion855 wrote:Any tips on how im going to get through tomorrow with a suspected cracked rib/at the very least a damaged muscle in that area.
I couldnt even get out of bed yesterday and how to phone in, currently sat in agony typing this.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Get some medical assistance ASAP! Your health is actually more important than anything else!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Get up a and e straight awayleolion855 wrote:Any tips on how im going to get through tomorrow with a suspected cracked rib/at the very least a damaged muscle in that area.
I couldnt even get out of bed yesterday and how to phone in, currently sat in agony typing this.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Are you serious ?leolion855 wrote:Any tips on how im going to get through tomorrow with a suspected cracked rib/at the very least a damaged muscle in that area.
I couldnt even get out of bed yesterday and how to phone in, currently sat in agony typing this.
No gold medal awards for any heroes with RM. you are unfit to work, phone office as soon as you can ( better before duty start time). Take the proper time to recover fully, seek medical advice along with a sick note ! Sorted !
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Well I’m no doctor but your clearly not fit to be able to work,so you phone in sick and let the management do what they are paid for and manage your sickness accordingly,we seem to have a culture of thinking you should report to work however Sick you are,another negative thing about the culture vwithin this company,rest rest and more rest!,
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Definitely this, especially as the OP was considering just leaving the job anyway. Might as well make use of the sick leave :-) Hope you feel better soon leolion855!robbertwhitton wrote:Well I’m no doctor but your clearly not fit to be able to work,so you phone in sick and let the management do what they are paid for and manage your sickness accordingly,we seem to have a culture of thinking you should report to work however Sick you are,another negative thing about the culture vwithin this company,rest rest and more rest!,
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Probably partly due to the stage system, people don't want to end up on a stagerobbertwhitton wrote:we seem to have a culture of thinking you should report to work however Sick you are,another negative thing about the culture vwithin this company,rest rest and more rest!,
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
working with a suspected cracked rib.
If you suspect you've cracked a rib, you really should go to A&E as you may have (instead or in addition) a partially collapsed lung.
Years ago, before I worked for RM, I hurt my ribs and went to see my doctor who said just rest up. Two days later, with the pain getting worse and worse, I woke up feeling like I couldn't breath and had to go to A&E. The doctor there was absolutely livid that I hand't been sent to hospital to get checked out straight away.
Years ago, before I worked for RM, I hurt my ribs and went to see my doctor who said just rest up. Two days later, with the pain getting worse and worse, I woke up feeling like I couldn't breath and had to go to A&E. The doctor there was absolutely livid that I hand't been sent to hospital to get checked out straight away.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
A trip to a&e or gp is not necessarily indicated for suspected rib injuries according to NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/broken-or-bruised-ribs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is no particular treatment other than painkillers, ice, etc, anyway for simple bruised, cracked or broken ribs.
I fell and suffered rib injury a few years ago, think probably cracked or bruised, called nhs24 and was advised no need to attend hospital or gp unless difficulty breathing etc.
Pain was worst in bed at night with really bad rib muscle cramping, which just made the pain worse, but not too bad during the day while moving about.
There is no particular treatment other than painkillers, ice, etc, anyway for simple bruised, cracked or broken ribs.
I fell and suffered rib injury a few years ago, think probably cracked or bruised, called nhs24 and was advised no need to attend hospital or gp unless difficulty breathing etc.
Pain was worst in bed at night with really bad rib muscle cramping, which just made the pain worse, but not too bad during the day while moving about.
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
working with a suspected cracked rib.
Manager might decide they’re a doctor and tell you that you’ll be fine to work the duty