ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Signing for floating duties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lozzie_rozzie24
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 20:06
Gender: Female

Signing for floating duties

Post by lozzie_rozzie24 »

So I've been at RM for a few months now, working on the same walk for a little while but next week I am being moved around all over the place.

I've noticed that there are some floating duties available for signing for part time contracted staff and I am part time, I was just kind of wondering how it would work if I was successful in getting selected. It has the 6 weeks listed with the walks against them and then against one of them it says TDS, what does this mean? At the bottom it says about a rolling day.

Just wanted a bit of advice on this as it's a bit confusing :crazy: Thanks in advance
ninja
Posts: 193
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Signing for floating duties

Post by ninja »

Seniority should be used when signing for a duty.
Tds stands for tailored delivery service, mostly known as Wallington duty pattern.

This means you work five weeks (mon-sat) and week 6 would be your rest week.
Jookgal
Posts: 18
Joined: 05 Oct 2016, 20:40
Gender: Male

Signing for floating duties

Post by Jookgal »

I took a floater duty, more to get full time than the floater bit. From my experience, it doesn't stop you being moved all over the office, I think i've been on my actual floating duty about 5 times :shock:
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Signing for floating duties

Post by Acca Dacca »

Jookgal wrote:I took a floater duty, more to get full time than the floater bit. From my experience, it doesn't stop you being moved all over the office, I think i've been on my actual floating duty about 5 times :shock:
Put your foot down

If youve signed for the duty then on that day it is YOUR duty not the regulars
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Kurteye
Posts: 5
Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 22:06
Gender: Male

Signing for floating duties

Post by Kurteye »

I can’t even get a float after being with Royal Mail for 12 years as I’m full time and most duties seem to go to newbies these days. A rolling day off means if you’re off the Monday one week, you’ll be off the Tuesday the next week and so on. So therefore you’ll always know your day off. I don’t know mine from one week to the next. :arrrghhh