Does anybody have any customers that pester you nearly every day for there mail? I’ve been doing this duty all week on a HCT and this women asks me “have you delivered to ******** yet?” She was waiting by my trolley today and asked me everytime she was driving by in her car this week coming back from work, I guess. I politely told her I delivered to her cul de sac already.
Maybe I’m over thinking it but it bugs me that people can’t wait for there mail and think they are above everybody else in having there mail being prioritised. maybe they’re eager, maybe they are waiting for something VERY IMPORTANT but too keep asking me every day when I’m going down your road anyway is annoying. I understand we have a job to deliver a service to the public and I’ve been doing this job for 8 years and I’ve experienced all types. It’s just why can’t people have a bit more patience when it comes to wanting there mail!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Harassment from Customers On Duty
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
Reminds me of the time when we used to deliver Giros's. Often used to get people on the other side of the road asking if I've done their side yet. Guess it made me make them wait even longer.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
It's usually money related, hiding debt or spending from your spouse/partner is very common.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Harassment from Customers On Duty
I have had this happen a lot. I get lots of people trying to chat or stopping me, I must look friendly. I think that the public don't realise just how much work and how little time we have to do it all in. It is like they think that they are your only customer.Sledge4211 wrote:Does anybody have any customers that pester you nearly every day for there mail? I’ve been doing this duty all week on a HCT and this women asks me “have you delivered to ******** yet?” She was waiting by my trolley today and asked me everytime she was driving by in her car this week coming back from work, I guess. I politely told her I delivered to her cul de sac already.
Maybe I’m over thinking it but it bugs me that people can’t wait for there mail and think they are above everybody else in having there mail being prioritised. maybe they’re eager, maybe they are waiting for something VERY IMPORTANT but too keep asking me every day when I’m going down your road anyway is annoying. I understand we have a job to deliver a service to the public and I’ve been doing this job for 8 years and I’ve experienced all types. It’s just why can’t people have a bit more patience when it comes to wanting there mail!!
I have even been propositioned before...at least you haven't had that sort of interruption from your customers!
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
people will complain if you're 'early' and complain if your "late', we can't win
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
Funny you said that, she came back with her partner in the car the other day and that was the only day she didn’t stop to ask me. Sly as a fox is an understatement.....Woody Guthrie wrote:It's usually money related, hiding debt or spending from your spouse/partner is very common.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
Yep, same busy body types who have nothing better to do than sit by the window waiting for us to have a chat and the same old one liners come out as if I haven’t heard them already! Where’s your shorts? not a nice day to do your job is it? If it’s bills you can keep ‘em! Have you got anything for next door? No, just f&£k off and get a job and let me do mine will ya! 
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
Haha what all of us think! Well saidJpro747 wrote:Yep, same busy body types who have nothing better to do than sit by the window waiting for us to have a chat and the same old one liners come out as if I haven’t heard them already! Where’s your shorts? not a nice day to do your job is it? If it’s bills you can keep ‘em! Have you got anything for next door? No, just f&£k off and get a job and let me do mine will ya!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Harassment from Customers On Duty
Thank god you were not my postie would never have got to pub for opening timepostslippete wrote:Reminds me of the time when we used to deliver Giros's. Often used to get people on the other side of the road asking if I've done their side yet. Guess it made me make them wait even longer.