ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

rm motorcycles

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by leolion855 »

seen the following and im curious why rm would have used it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NC-750 ... :rk:7:pf:0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lapzio
Posts: 38
Joined: 11 Jan 2018, 20:03
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by Lapzio »

Its Rico time :nana
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by postslippete »

Serviced regularly?? RM vans being serviced leaves a lot to be desired.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Royal Mail have a service called Sameday that ships legal and business documents around the major cities. Most likely this is one of the courier bikes.

It's a bit too new to be a telegram bike. :wink:
Only dead fish follow the current
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by leolion855 »

Woody Guthrie wrote:Royal Mail have a service called Sameday that ships legal and business documents around the major cities. Most likely this is one of the courier bikes.

It's a bit too new to be a telegram bike. :wink:
i wanna do that!!
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by scoobydo79 »

Weren’t there Datapost riders in the 1980s too I seem to remember?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by Woody Guthrie »

scoobydo79 wrote:Weren’t there Datapost riders in the 1980s too I seem to remember?
Yes, I think Datapost became Sameday.
Only dead fish follow the current
GT750rider
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 216
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Gender: Male

rm motorcycles

Post by GT750rider »

scoobydo79 wrote:Weren’t there Datapost riders in the 1980s too I seem to remember?
Yes, I remember a couple of them coming to Gloucester MC. Must have been around 1984.
The bikes were Honda CD175's I seem to remember.
They were based in Bristol MC, they may have been training, or whatever. As a keen motorcyclist, I was envious !