ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Big changes
-
hero22
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Big changes
In work time learning this morning we were told there would be announcements made in the coming weeks/months about ‘big changes’ that are coming as part of the business plan. Anyone know what these are or just the usual work harder nonsense?
-
sundance79
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 15:23
- Gender: Male
Big changes
'Big changes' usually are bad news
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Big changes
Its my day off today so I haven't been told that yet. Usually all RM news is bad news so expect an idea/s soon that we have never thought of that will make our time at work more **** than it might already be. This is all RM upper management is good at. I'm still waiting for Miss Ni-Chionna to get the sack for advocating payment of nearly six million quid tax free to Mr Black along with other excessive directors remuneration .
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Duesouth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 14 Sep 2018, 17:25
- Gender: Male
Big changes
I think these are trials on how to reduce the working week to 35hrs. Not sure where these trials are being held but the rumour has it that sequence mail would not be put in the frame but would be taken out with you in the van then you would have two bundles back to back. One being the sequenced mail and the other manual.
If this is the case expect more cuts and more problems for us. I can't see how this would work as sorting mail in the back of the van on a windy day is going to be a nightmare. Lapsing duties will be interesting as everyone will be flicking through mail. Chaos springs to mind.
If this is the case expect more cuts and more problems for us. I can't see how this would work as sorting mail in the back of the van on a windy day is going to be a nightmare. Lapsing duties will be interesting as everyone will be flicking through mail. Chaos springs to mind.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Big changes
They’ve done these trials and have hardly saved anytime doing them so another pointless exercise.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Big changes
Nothing like this mentioned in our WTL but at my mates DO the DOM was on about the impending introduction of clocking in machines (and yes,I’m well aware that we’ve heard it all before)
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Big changes
I hope that this is true. :)Cedar_Room wrote:Nothing like this mentioned in our WTL but at my mates DO the DOM was on about the impending introduction of clocking in machines (and yes,I’m well aware that we’ve heard it all before)
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Big changes
I see no issue with a clocking in / clocking out machine.Cedar_Room wrote:Nothing like this mentioned in our WTL but at my mates DO the DOM was on about the impending introduction of clocking in machines (and yes,I’m well aware that we’ve heard it all before)
At least it saves folk having to queue up to sign in when the DOM eventually remembers to put the days sign in sheet up on the board...
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Big changes
I hope its true also, that way I will get paid what im owed!Interested-seeker wrote:I hope that this is true. :)Cedar_Room wrote:Nothing like this mentioned in our WTL but at my mates DO the DOM was on about the impending introduction of clocking in machines (and yes,I’m well aware that we’ve heard it all before)
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Big changes
apparently this method was trialled at an office close to mine and was a total disaster, can't wait for clocking in machines
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Big changes
Looking forward to people asking others to clock them in/out.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Big changes
These trials have been a disaster by all accounts so I doubt it. Many of the fittings at our place don't run anyway as they're still done to park and loop, which virtually nobody does at our place. I can only begin to imagine the amount of mis sorts coming back daily and the amount of re-direction failures that would suddenly start happening.Duesouth wrote:I think these are trials on how to reduce the working week to 35hrs. Not sure where these trials are being held but the rumour has it that sequence mail would not be put in the frame but would be taken out with you in the van then you would have two bundles back to back. One being the sequenced mail and the other manual.
If this is the case expect more cuts and more problems for us. I can't see how this would work as sorting mail in the back of the van on a windy day is going to be a nightmare. Lapsing duties will be interesting as everyone will be flicking through mail. Chaos springs to mind.
I quite get the theory behind the idea, to a suit in an office somewhere the thought of sorting mail that you're just going to pull out in that order anyway seems like a total waste of time but like many theories it doesn't work in practice.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Big changes
The delivery method trials were stopped and cancelled months ago and before the trials were completed. They failed completely for several reasons and as far as I know those changes will not be implemented in any form. The statement from Mr Black that assisted in crashing the RM share price mentioned a big drop in planned cost cutting. The failure of the delivery method trials would have formed a large part of the cost cutting regime that will not happen.Duesouth wrote:I think these are trials on how to reduce the working week to 35hrs. Not sure where these trials are being held but the rumour has it that sequence mail would not be put in the frame but would be taken out with you in the van then you would have two bundles back to back. One being the sequenced mail and the other manual.
If this is the case expect more cuts and more problems for us. I can't see how this would work as sorting mail in the back of the van on a windy day is going to be a nightmare. Lapsing duties will be interesting as everyone will be flicking through mail. Chaos springs to mind.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Big changes
It’ll be done with the PDAs not dedicated machines; with a late attendance /early finish recording feature to follow once the first step becomes normal to everyone.Cedar_Room wrote:Nothing like this mentioned in our WTL but at my mates DO the DOM was on about the impending introduction of clocking in machines (and yes,I’m well aware that we’ve heard it all before)