ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Good news everyone!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Archie_J
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2017, 18:52
Gender: Female

Good news everyone!!

Post by Archie_J »

On the parlimentary timetable for tomorrow - a ten minute rule motion to introduce a bill to BAN LOW LEVEL LETTERBOXES - just after PMQs.

What do you think our chances are of getting the bill introduced? :dance :dance :crazy:

Don't think there's anything else big on in parliament at the moment that would delay it or distract MPs, it there? Should be a pretty quiet Wednesday for the PM :arrrghhh
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Good news everyone!!

Post by k979aaa »

Archie_J wrote:On the parlimentary timetable for tomorrow - a ten minute rule motion to introduce a bill to BAN LOW LEVEL LETTERBOXES - just after PMQs.

What do you think our chances are of getting the bill introduced? :dance :dance :crazy:

Don't think there's anything else big on in parliament at the moment that would delay it or distract MPs, it there? Should be a pretty quiet Wednesday for the PM :arrrghhh
One do you think we will have a PM tomorrow? as to the motion slim to narrow like the letter box!
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Good news everyone!!

Post by ewancurze »

Oh I would LOVE to post a note through all the low level boxes on my walk explaining that they will have to be changed!
Archie_J
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Sep 2017, 18:52
Gender: Female

Good news everyone!!

Post by Archie_J »

ewancurze wrote:Oh I would LOVE to post a note through all the low level boxes on my walk explaining that they will have to be changed!
Unfortunately it would probably only affect new builds. But they do seem to be some of the worst offenders around where I am.
FacesOfStone
Posts: 112
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 21:52
Gender: Male

Good news everyone!!

Post by FacesOfStone »

Archie_J wrote:
ewancurze wrote:Oh I would LOVE to post a note through all the low level boxes on my walk explaining that they will have to be changed!
Unfortunately it would probably only affect new builds. But they do seem to be some of the worst offenders around where I am.

I don’t think requiring an external box by a certain point would be unreasonable, even if that meant that the vast majority would opt for a £10 job barely big enough to harbour a water bill, let alone a National Trust handbook.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Good news everyone!!

Post by Celgar »

Lost by 230 votes. Someone called Mrs May needs to resign but I will be surprised if she does.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Good news everyone!!

Post by Murdoch »

Celgar wrote:Lost by 230 votes. Someone called Mrs May needs to resign but I will be surprised if she does.
Not only will she not resign, looks like she's gonna win the vote of no confidence.

How a PM whose key legislative policy failed by the most historic margin in UK political history, commands the confidence of parliament, is beyond me.

What a s**t show.

I remember delivering thousands of leaflets in 2017 with Strong and Stable plastered all over them, most incompetent government of all time would have been more apt.