I’ve been put on it after 3 months. There are only 14 rounds here. “Easy money” I’ve been told.
Side issue, I’ve also got my own round after 3 months. Is that common ?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
Ps. Is the SA hourly rate higher?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
The SA rate is slightly higher but may be less than your SSPR rate if you are part time.
You get paid your SA while on holiday.
You get paid your SA while on holiday.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
14 rounds ????
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
SA rota? Does that mean working you rest day?Seagull1983 wrote:I’ve been put on it after 3 months. There are only 14 rounds here. “Easy money” I’ve been told.
Side issue, I’ve also got my own round after 3 months. Is that common ?
Thanks
Can't comment on other offices but in ours getting your own walk after 3 years aint common! It's about 5 years in most cases, and then you'll be on the duties at the very bottom of the pile that nobody else would want!
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
I meant dutiesmaisymoo04 wrote:14 rounds ????
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
I can remember when I started with RM,SA was like golddust and newbys never got a lookin,when I left they couldnt give it away. How times change.........
-
Seagull1983
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
- Gender: Male
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
That’s what I would have thought still existed but obviously not in my case.Brandy wrote:I can remember when I started with RM,SA was like golddust and newbys never got a lookin,when I left they couldnt give it away. How times change.........
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
In our DO most of the posties don't put their names down to do SAs but we don't have any PT duties in the standard sense so we are the exception to the rule. I wouldn't personally want to drive around in rush hour and the dark emptying boxes after already working the larger part of the day as well. I understand that PT staff want to do SA to top up their wages and that is fair enough.Seagull1983 wrote:I’ve been put on it after 3 months. There are only 14 rounds here. “Easy money” I’ve been told.
Side issue, I’ve also got my own round after 3 months. Is that common ?
Thanks
The standard RM rules on how SAs are distributed is that you get allocated the same day/s each week. Then it falls on you to either find someone else to do it when it falls on your day off or come in and do it yourself. In our DO it is sorted out week by week between the posties that do the SAs to best suit their after work commitments. This system works well if not better and all the SAs are completed.
Regarding getting your own walk when I transferred to my current DO eighteen years ago I got a walk, a rural delivery, straight away as someone else had just left and they were short staffed. Twenty years ago when I first became a postie I started as a cover/reserve and had a manager telling me I was too slow and I should resign. Then the Union rep had the great idea to have me trained up on all the walks. Shortly after this idea emerged I transferred out.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
some big office that seagullSeagull1983 wrote:I meant dutiesmaisymoo04 wrote:14 rounds ????
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Kurteye
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 22:06
- Gender: Male
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
No duty after 12 years and some in the office haven’t after 18. Yet part time new starters are getting them.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
How easy is it to get on to the SA rota at your place ?
We don't have any SA work at all in my office. In fact, the last time we had any was when we did 2 deliveries well over a decade ago. Since then all collections have been incorporated into hybrid duty structures.