ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vacant duties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.

The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.

Is this right?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by SpacePhoenix »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.

The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.

Is this right?
Fairly sure it's a year that you have to wait before you can apply for another walk or duty
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by Seymour Buts »

I thought it was six months.
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by Nickvilla20 »

You’re locked in for one year. The only exceptions are if your applying from part time to full time or if you want to drop from full time to part time.
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by Chupacabra74 »

Don’t know about dropping hours but you can definitely go for one with more hours. And it’s definitely a year.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by miles_peters »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.

The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.

Is this right?

yes I believe so, so...

Man up for Christ sake :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

:wink:
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by aiden01 »

miles_peters wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.

The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.

Is this right?

yes I believe so, so...

Man up for Christ sake :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

:wink:
Lolol the troll has finally been stumped
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Vacant duties

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

12 months on the duty before you apply for another:
14.9 Employees taking up internally-advertised posts will be dedicated to them for a minimum of12 months. No applications for job moves will be considered during that period, unless they are:

For specialist posts;
As a result of serious personal or domestic reasons, following discussions with local CWU representatives.
Source https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Vacant duties

Post by Celgar »

I didn't know about that rule before. The OP chose to sign for that duty though so it can't be that bad.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.