ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

TRANSFER

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Elsa21
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 09:55
Gender: Female

TRANSFER

Post by Elsa21 »

I’ve been with the Royal Mail 5 years, transfered to a different office last may. There’s availability at a closer office to my home address ... is there a time restriction on transferring. My manager is telling me I have to be at this office for a year ? But other people are telling me different and as long as I’ve worked for the Royal Mail longer than a year it doesn’t matter ! Please help
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by leolion855 »

6 months, but just apply for it through success factors, if your not eligible they'll let you know, nothing to risk by asking.
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Sledge4211 »

It’s 100% 6 months - your manager has NO SAY OR NO RESTRICTION on you getting a transfer! It worked for me. Good luck
Elsa21
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 09:55
Gender: Female

TRANSFER

Post by Elsa21 »

How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Sledge4211 »

Elsa21 wrote:How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Don’t worry what your manager saids they are WRONG trust me. You have every right to apply for another position, as he/she doesn’t want the agro to hire another person to fill your position (when) you eventually leave.

To apply internally Follow this link: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... rt/#/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User name = pay number
Password = NI number last two letters MUST be lower case

Hope that helps :-)
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Glp28357 »

Sledge4211 wrote:
Elsa21 wrote:How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Don’t worry what your manager saids they are WRONG trust me. You have every right to apply for another position, as he/she doesn’t want the agro to hire another person to fill your position (when) you eventually leave.

To apply internally Follow this link: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... rt/#/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User name = pay number
Password = NI number last two letters MUST be lower case

Hope that helps :-)
It probably confuses rather than helps, as a NI number starts with two letters, followed by 6 numbers and then another letter!
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by yellowbelly »

Elsa21 wrote:How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Way Forward Agreement para 14.9 states 12 months or has this particular rule been superseded?

See this linked thread also and the link to WFA 2000: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=89433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Sledge4211 »

yellowbelly wrote:
Elsa21 wrote:How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Way Forward Agreement para 14.9 states 12 months or has this particular rule been superseded?

See this linked thread also and the link to WFA 2000: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=89433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THIS IS ON THE OFFICIAL MYROYALMAIL WEBSITE
26 weeks (6 months) & cleared your trail period you can transfer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Celgar »

Your current office will want to hold onto you especially if you are a decent postie. Just visit the DOM at the office you wish to transfer to in person and get them to chase it up.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Sledge4211 »

Celgar wrote:Your current office will want to hold onto you especially if you are a decent postie. Just visit the DOM at the office you wish to transfer to in person and get them to chase it up.
Does not work like that at all - I tried that and it failed. You need to apply online through SuccessFactors website
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16701
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

TRANSFER

Post by clashcityrocker »

It all works.
I transferred using successfactors.
4 months later a job appeared in a "better" office and the 2 DOMs sorted it out and I transferred again.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Elsa21
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 09:55
Gender: Female

TRANSFER

Post by Elsa21 »

Sledge4211 wrote:
Elsa21 wrote:How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Don’t worry what your manager saids they are WRONG trust me. You have every right to apply for another position, as he/she doesn’t want the agro to hire another person to fill your position (when) you eventually leave.

To apply internally Follow this link: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... rt/#/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User name = pay number
Password = NI number last two letters MUST be lower case

Hope that helps :-)

IVE CLICKED THE LINK ... BUT ITS ASKING ME FOR COMPANY ID ... ANY IDEA ?
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by fiveoclockhero »

Elsa21 wrote:
Sledge4211 wrote:
Elsa21 wrote:How do I apply ? As I asked my manager and he is point blank saying that there is nothing that can be done until I’ve been there a year ! ... so I don’t know where or who to go too from here
Don’t worry what your manager saids they are WRONG trust me. You have every right to apply for another position, as he/she doesn’t want the agro to hire another person to fill your position (when) you eventually leave.

To apply internally Follow this link: https://performancemanager.successfacto ... rt/#/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User name = pay number
Password = NI number last two letters MUST be lower case

Hope that helps :-)

IVE CLICKED THE LINK ... BUT ITS ASKING ME FOR COMPANY ID ... ANY IDEA ?
I clicked on the link posted in an older thread titled Transfer Application Process (next page) and it took me to the login page that asks for your user name and password
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by Sledge4211 »

You should have a page like this above - company ID is long number.

Royal Mail clearly not making it easy for staff to access succes factors. I spent 2hrs tryna get this s*** to work

Anyway let me know when you login okay :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FFeeMAN
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

TRANSFER

Post by FFeeMAN »

I got that page I have been trying to log in but it doesn't work..

Any one have the same problem?