ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
SWW
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
SWW
One question - is it working in your office
Times have had to be changed in my office, as from next week, because they are struggling to lay the part timers work in
Area rep has said to me "he can't see how it's going to work when they take the next hour off"
It looked good on paper at the time
Times have had to be changed in my office, as from next week, because they are struggling to lay the part timers work in
Area rep has said to me "he can't see how it's going to work when they take the next hour off"
It looked good on paper at the time
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
SWW
It's worked for me in the sense that I'm on a part-time contract, covering mostly FT duties, so it gives them less opportunity to pay me less than the duty holder would get.
You could count on one hand the number of times I got paid 39 hours a week when covering FT duties.
You could count on one hand the number of times I got paid 39 hours a week when covering FT duties.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
SWW
I don't really understand this, there's no such thing as full time duties in our office. There's just duties!Murdoch wrote:It's worked for me in the sense that I'm on a part-time contract, covering mostly FT duties, so it gives them less opportunity to pay me less than the duty holder would get.
You could count on one hand the number of times I got paid 39 hours a week when covering FT duties.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
SWW
Surely there is ft an pt duties.postietom wrote:I don't really understand this, there's no such thing as full time duties in our office. There's just duties!Murdoch wrote:It's worked for me in the sense that I'm on a part-time contract, covering mostly FT duties, so it gives them less opportunity to pay me less than the duty holder would get.
You could count on one hand the number of times I got paid 39 hours a week when covering FT duties.
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
SWW
I don't think people are moaning about working less hours for the same money they are moaning that they are still doing the same work but in less time and some offices cant copechickenwittle wrote:Are people actually moaning about working less hours for the same money as when we worked 39 hours ?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
SWW
but if you go over you book it, so you get paid even more. The only people it hurts is Royal Mail and the runners that get done early.fed_up_postie wrote:I don't think people are moaning about working less hours for the same money they are moaning that they are still doing the same work but in less time and some offices cant copechickenwittle wrote:Are people actually moaning about working less hours for the same money as when we worked 39 hours ?
We have too many guys that don’t want the overtime but wont cut off so stay out late nearly everyday to finish. Try telling them to cut off but they won’t do it, they feel obligated. I’m usually happy to have the overtime so would really like it if they did start cutting off.
I agree the sww is silly until more automation comes in, makes no sense having more work in less time.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
SWW
No, I cover all types of duties but my hours never change. I just get another 30 minutes prep time on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.aiden01 wrote:Surely there is ft an pt duties.postietom wrote:I don't really understand this, there's no such thing as full time duties in our office. There's just duties!Murdoch wrote:It's worked for me in the sense that I'm on a part-time contract, covering mostly FT duties, so it gives them less opportunity to pay me less than the duty holder would get.
You could count on one hand the number of times I got paid 39 hours a week when covering FT duties.