I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.
The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.
Is this right?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Vacant duties
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
Fairly sure it's a year that you have to wait before you can apply for another walk or dutymattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.
The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.
Is this right?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
I thought it was six months.
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
You’re locked in for one year. The only exceptions are if your applying from part time to full time or if you want to drop from full time to part time.
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
Don’t know about dropping hours but you can definitely go for one with more hours. And it’s definitely a year.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.
The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.
Is this right?
yes I believe so, so...
Man up for Christ sake
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
Lolol the troll has finally been stumpedmiles_peters wrote:mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I was successful in getting a walk 6 months ago and some more have come up.
The DOM has today me I cant put in for the new walks as I have to stay in the one I picked 6 months ago for 1 year.
Is this right?
yes I believe so, so...
Man up for Christ sake![]()
![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Vacant duties
12 months on the duty before you apply for another:
Source https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;14.9 Employees taking up internally-advertised posts will be dedicated to them for a minimum of12 months. No applications for job moves will be considered during that period, unless they are:
For specialist posts;
As a result of serious personal or domestic reasons, following discussions with local CWU representatives.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Vacant duties
I didn't know about that rule before. The OP chose to sign for that duty though so it can't be that bad.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.