when my review comes after 6 months, will this have any impact on if I stay or if I go?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
My manager seems to think that all new starters shouldn't cut off and should want to prove their eagerness and their worth to the company
when my review comes after 6 months, will this have any impact on if I stay or if I go?
when my review comes after 6 months, will this have any impact on if I stay or if I go?
-
Jiperjuper
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
- Gender: Male
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
Best start recording the chats with the scum bag manager.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
One what a terrible way to be THREATENED by management but I have been told this myself by other new starts to the point they would rather me stay out with them than go back together at the finish time because of INTIMIDATION! This cannot be just a one off in one office by one person the more that say these things will out the truth for those who wish to seek it rather than bury their heads in the money pots of gold and avarice awaiting a knighthood for their service to industry ie BULLYING!FirstPost wrote:My manager seems to think that all new starters shouldn't cut off and should want to prove their eagerness and their worth to the company![]()
when my review comes after 6 months, will this have any impact on if I stay or if I go?
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
First inform a CWU rep regarding the threatening behaviour and two, when you do have your review make sure you go in with a rep or area rep.FirstPost wrote:My manager seems to think that all new starters shouldn't cut off and should want to prove their eagerness and their worth to the company![]()
when my review comes after 6 months, will this have any impact on if I stay or if I go?
Part of the 4 pillars is to stamp out this kind of s**t from managers.
CUT OFF!!!
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
The impact on cutting off during probation is without any doubt a major factor !
Firmly in the “ lack of commitment “ category. Most people know they need to keep a clean nose during probation.
You would not expect any other view from any DOM with the power of determining a future in delivery.
Fairness and reasoning is not a requirement in their job description, - clear all mail, without paying OT, regardless of ALL other circumstances - a true reflection on delivery instruction, sadly.
Firmly in the “ lack of commitment “ category. Most people know they need to keep a clean nose during probation.
You would not expect any other view from any DOM with the power of determining a future in delivery.
Fairness and reasoning is not a requirement in their job description, - clear all mail, without paying OT, regardless of ALL other circumstances - a true reflection on delivery instruction, sadly.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
will/should cutting off have an impact on probation?
I doubt it. In three years I've literally never seen somebody taken on. That includes a totally useless bloke that missed three of his first six months on probation on the sick! It takes them that long to recruit anybody it's not worth not taking people on; they're forced to basically.