ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Start times
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Start times
Can anyone tell me their start times if they are on a 3 day cover and 25 hour contract. Very confusing and I'm getting conflicting advice. Thanks
-
Babel071
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Start times
Well it's 8h and 20min a day.
Just deduct that from finishing time(including 40min meal relief).
So if official finishing time is 15.20 (without break 14.40) your start time is 7am.
Just deduct that from finishing time(including 40min meal relief).
So if official finishing time is 15.20 (without break 14.40) your start time is 7am.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Start times
Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Start times
WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
Babel071
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
- Gender: Male
Start times
If your finishing times includes meal relief you're good. Some weeks should have slightly more than 25h some should have less.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Start times
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Start times
Use this calculator on line http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/timesheet.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Start times
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Start times
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Start times
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the officek979aaa wrote:And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Start times
And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?SpacePhoenix wrote:Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the officek979aaa wrote:And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Start times
Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their timek979aaa wrote:And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?SpacePhoenix wrote:Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the officek979aaa wrote:And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Start times
Quite so but they don't give you 50-100 extra to deliver to as well it's called lapsing but some take it up on themselves to do it because of Intimidation by management, And look I am not saying everything is rosy in mail centres because it is not scan this and that so many an hour it's still hard work but out there your stuck with it or bring it back to the lies they yarn about did not say anything to me DEAF MANAGEMENT!SpacePhoenix wrote:Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their timek979aaa wrote:And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?SpacePhoenix wrote:Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the officek979aaa wrote:And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Start times
In MCs we have deadlines for processing the mail, it either gets processed by a given time or it fails and the lorry leaves without it, irrespective of anyone doing docket. In DOs you've got the choice of doing docket or cutting off. The problem of management not listening isn't just confined to DOs, the same happens in MCs as wellk979aaa wrote:Quite so but they don't give you 50-100 extra to deliver to as well it's called lapsing but some take it up on themselves to do it because of Intimidation by management, And look I am not saying everything is rosy in mail centres because it is not scan this and that so many an hour it's still hard work but out there your stuck with it or bring it back to the lies they yarn about did not say anything to me DEAF MANAGEMENT!SpacePhoenix wrote:Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their timek979aaa wrote:And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?SpacePhoenix wrote:Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the officek979aaa wrote:And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Start times
Thats why you pay your union fees let them sort it out.k979aaa wrote:Quite so but they don't give you 50-100 extra to deliver to as well it's called lapsing but some take it up on themselves to do it because of Intimidation by management, And look I am not saying everything is rosy in mail centres because it is not scan this and that so many an hour it's still hard work but out there your stuck with it or bring it back to the lies they yarn about did not say anything to me DEAF MANAGEMENT!SpacePhoenix wrote:Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their timek979aaa wrote:And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?SpacePhoenix wrote:Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the officek979aaa wrote:And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!aiden01 wrote:Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning breakCharliecat wrote:Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?aiden01 wrote:WHY do you not take your break??Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?