ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Start times

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

Can anyone tell me their start times if they are on a 3 day cover and 25 hour contract. Very confusing and I'm getting conflicting advice. Thanks
Babel071
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by Babel071 »

Well it's 8h and 20min a day.
Just deduct that from finishing time(including 40min meal relief).
So if official finishing time is 15.20 (without break 14.40) your start time is 7am.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by aiden01 »

Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Babel071
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Mar 2017, 16:31
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by Babel071 »

If your finishing times includes meal relief you're good. Some weeks should have slightly more than 25h some should have less.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Start times

Post by Charliecat »

aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Start times

Post by k979aaa »

Use this calculator on line http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/timesheet.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by aiden01 »

Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Start times

Post by k979aaa »

aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by SpacePhoenix »

k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the office
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Start times

Post by k979aaa »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the office
And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by SpacePhoenix »

k979aaa wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the office
And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?
Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their time
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Start times

Post by k979aaa »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the office
And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?
Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their time
Quite so but they don't give you 50-100 extra to deliver to as well it's called lapsing but some take it up on themselves to do it because of Intimidation by management, And look I am not saying everything is rosy in mail centres because it is not scan this and that so many an hour it's still hard work but out there your stuck with it or bring it back to the lies they yarn about did not say anything to me DEAF MANAGEMENT!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by SpacePhoenix »

k979aaa wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the office
And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?
Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their time
Quite so but they don't give you 50-100 extra to deliver to as well it's called lapsing but some take it up on themselves to do it because of Intimidation by management, And look I am not saying everything is rosy in mail centres because it is not scan this and that so many an hour it's still hard work but out there your stuck with it or bring it back to the lies they yarn about did not say anything to me DEAF MANAGEMENT!
In MCs we have deadlines for processing the mail, it either gets processed by a given time or it fails and the lorry leaves without it, irrespective of anyone doing docket. In DOs you've got the choice of doing docket or cutting off. The problem of management not listening isn't just confined to DOs, the same happens in MCs as well
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Start times

Post by aiden01 »

k979aaa wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Charliecat wrote:Well I was told my start time was 06.15 and when I enquired about finish times was told same as when I was on 5 days so 2.34 mon and tues, 2.54 Thursday fri and 2.06 sat. I don't take my breaks and add on as extended deal plus meal relief. That is assuming I finish on or after my finish time. It doesn't add up?
WHY do you not take your break??
Because I just want to get back and if I finish after time then what difference would it make I'd finish 20 mins later And still claim over so why not just not take the break and claim it anyway? I don't take the morning break for same reason and I understand I can't claim it. However I really hate being last out and starting delivery late. I know they're getting free time so that's why I don't want to give them anymore by staring too early if I'm getting diddled?
Your already getting diddled by giving up your morning break :arrrghhh
And you a right but you got to remember a lot of people who work in delivery need to pick kids up so they cut the job up and managers know this but they still rush round!
Easy pickings for both the DOM to add more delivery points to walks and for the DOM's boss to remove hours from the office
And what would you do rush round or leave your 3 year old on the steps for the deviants in society?
Job and finish went more than 3 years ago, probably getting on towards 10 years ago so they should be well aware that they'd be expected to work to their time
Quite so but they don't give you 50-100 extra to deliver to as well it's called lapsing but some take it up on themselves to do it because of Intimidation by management, And look I am not saying everything is rosy in mail centres because it is not scan this and that so many an hour it's still hard work but out there your stuck with it or bring it back to the lies they yarn about did not say anything to me DEAF MANAGEMENT!
Thats why you pay your union fees let them sort it out.