ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail reference

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cainam
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Dec 2013, 12:53
Gender: Male

Royal Mail reference

Post by cainam »

Hi, I have been offered a new job as a train driver pending a medical and references. I’m a bit concerned about getting a negative reference from RM as I’ve had a couple of longish absences so was wondering if anyone knows what info RM give in a reference?

I’d be pretty devastated for the new job to fall through at this stage so hoping they don’t include attendance in any refs.

Thanks
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Royal Mail reference

Post by osgoody1970 »

no, they just give the dates you worked for them!!!
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Royal Mail reference

Post by Navalron »

All they give you is the start date and finish date, your rank on starting, on leaving and it you left in good terms. That's it they can find you. They lost a lot of files on former staff. I had a break in service of just 9 months and they had to get the information that I had worked for them the previous 10 years from my national insurance records, even though I was going back to the exact same job with the exact same gaffers who wanted me back. Hope you get it mate as a train driver starts on about £48000 per year :nana
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Royal Mail reference

Post by k979aaa »

Depends where and what job for £48,000 a year but looking a min £25,000 but shifts and travel will eat into your time any way good luck with the job and all the best. :Applause
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Royal Mail reference

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Navalron wrote:All they give you is the start date and finish date, your rank on starting, on leaving and it you left in good terms. That's it they can find you. They lost a lot of files on former staff. I had a break in service of just 9 months and they had to get the information that I had worked for them the previous 10 years from my national insurance records, even though I was going back to the exact same job with the exact same gaffers who wanted me back.
Affect of the Data Protection Act perhaps?